Can I turn fresh silverside into corned silverside

otterhound, May 27, 6:55am
Had a beast done and found that we only have fresh silverside.I love corned silverside so is it possible to "change" it?Or is it too late?

rainrain1, May 27, 7:05am
Never heard of fresh silversideAre you sure it's not already corned ? If it isn't you can get it corned

sticky232, May 27, 8:06am
I thought corned and fresh are the same

suie1, May 27, 8:10am
Silverside is the same as corned beef are you talking about topside beef?

bjay21, May 27, 8:55am
yes you can get it corned,you would just have to find a butcher that would do it for you,

superdave0_13, May 27, 9:03am
Usually the silverside would be pumped with brine then soaked in it but it is possible to just soak it in the brine without pumping it and it will corn.

daffodill1, May 27, 9:05am
fresh silverside= raw silverside,
I am guessing it will be corned already from the butcher that did your beast, you have to cook it!

superdave0_13, May 27, 9:05am

otterhound, May 27, 9:50am
No, I rang said butcher and asked how I should cook the fresh silverside and he said to treat it like a pot roast.So it definitely isn't just uncooked corned silverside.

nauru, May 27, 9:52am
Silverside is the cut of beef. I don't think it will have been corned. You could always just slow roast it as it is, or just roast it in your crockpot, it makes a great roast.

otterhound, May 27, 9:54am
Thanks superdave - at least I now know it's possible!Sounds pretty simple really - will give it a go.=)

otterhound, May 27, 9:56am
I'm not that into beef roasts, and we have a plethora of them from the beast already!If worse comes to worse I will roast it in the crockpot, but I really prefer it corned - I love the stuff.=)

juliewn, May 27, 10:50am
Hi Otter.. your butcher will usually be able to do it for you..

otterhound, May 28, 6:42am
Now that sounds like the easiest solution yet!Will ring him and ask and if he can I'll take the whole lot to him.Cheers=)

otterhound, May 28, 6:55am
Had a beast done and found that we only have fresh silverside.I love corned silverside so is it possible to "change" it!Or is it too late!

rainrain1, May 28, 7:05am
Never heard of fresh silversideAre you sure it's not already corned ! If it isn't you can get it corned

suie1, May 28, 8:10am
Silverside is the same as corned beef are you talking about topside beef!

otterhound, May 28, 9:50am
No, I rang said butcher and asked how I should cook the fresh silverside and he said to treat it like a pot roast.So it definitely isn't just uncooked corned silverside.

nauru, May 28, 9:52am
Silverside is the cut of beef. I don't think it will have been corned. You could always just slow roast it as it is, or just roast it in your crockpot, it makes a great roast.

otterhound, May 28, 9:54am
Thanks superdave - at least I now know it's possible!Sounds pretty simple really - will give it a go.=)

otterhound, May 28, 9:56am
I'm not that into beef roasts, and we have a plethora of them from the beast already!If worse comes to worse I will roast it in the crockpot, but I really prefer it corned - I love the stuff.=)

juliewn, May 28, 10:50am
Hi Otter. your butcher will usually be able to do it for you.

otterhound, May 29, 6:42am
Now that sounds like the easiest solution yet!Will ring him and ask and if he can I'll take the whole lot to him.Cheers=)