How Do I Bake Fresh Blue Cod Fillets

donnabeth, May 30, 2:25am
I have 1kg of lovely fat fresh blue cod fillets I need to cook for my family tonight.

Hubby is having an endoscopy tomorrow and needs a light meal tonight with no fat or spices, so I thought I'd bake it in the oven. I don't know how long to cook it or how to make it look and taste good while keeping it plain. Any suggestions?

pericles, May 30, 2:27am
flour them, then pan fry.
my partners fav fish

harrislucinda, May 30, 2:54am
wrapupinfoil ,putonlemonjuice,foldoverendsplacein adishandbake ,noneedforanyotherliquidastherewillbeplentyof own,startwith30min thencheck

donnabeth, May 30, 3:12am
Thanks. I usually pan fry them, but this time I have to be fat free so the dr can see tomorrow.

mam67, May 30, 3:47am
i wrap mine in tin foil in indivuadual (sp) parcels with lemon salt and pepper and dill and they only take 12 mins. Preheat your oven 1st. 30 mins is far too long for fish.

beaker59, May 30, 3:55am
you could also poach in milk then turn the milk into a white sauce with a bit of chopped parsley.Good luck to the old fella with the endoscopy hope they only find fixable things.

Funny thing with Blue Cod, my wife was raised on the Chathams and absolutely hates blue cod won't let me cook them in the house because of the smell I don't mind it myself when we fished out of Napier for a while we used to catch a fair bit but would always give it away or fed it to the cat, kept the neighbours happy though.

heathermay1, May 30, 4:01am
Our favourite fishdeep freezes really well .We had a boat so caught a lot .you can really do blue cod any way .fish pie is nice and all so healthy.

leebee35, May 30, 10:07am
I know what you mean about the smell... I prefer Snapper these days. ( I too was raised on the Chat's.. small world eh...could go some cray or whitebait though).

donnabeth, May 31, 2:25am
I have 1kg of lovely fat fresh blue cod fillets I need to cook for my family tonight.

Hubby is having an endoscopy tomorrow and needs a light meal tonight with no fat or spices, so I thought I'd bake it in the oven. I don't know how long to cook it or how to make it look and taste good while keeping it plain. Any suggestions!

beaker59, May 31, 3:55am
you could also poach in milk then turn the milk into a white sauce with a bit of chopped parsley.Good luck to the old fella with the endoscopy hope they only find fixable things.

Funny thing with Blue Cod, my wife was raised on the Chathams and absolutely hates blue cod won't let me cook them in the house because of the smell I don't mind it myself when we fished out of Napier for a while we used to catch a fair bit but would always give it away or fed it to the cat, kept the neighbours happy though.

leebee35, May 31, 10:07am
I know what you mean about the smell. I prefer Snapper these days. ( I too was raised on the Chat's. small world eh.could go some cray or whitebait though).