CHCH EARTHQUAKE BAKE SALE TO RAISE $$...

tipsy_bl0nde, Feb 23, 3:48am
Does anyone think this may be a good idea? I dont have a lot of money to donate but i have some but thought it may be a good idea to do a bake sale and donate the money made?

Any thoughts? Suggestions? And who would i need to contact?

uli, Feb 23, 3:49am
Your local council.

tipsy_bl0nde, Feb 23, 3:51am
obviously things would have to be made in a commercial kitchen. Know of any for hire or any offers out there? Im in Auckland

uli, Feb 23, 3:57am
Before you embark on it - do your sums.
I have found in the past that you do not really make more money with baking than with simply donating the money you would spend on the ingredients (plus electricity/gas for the baking) - even if you do not take into account your time.

On the plus side people may donate in addition to buy in this case - so getting out there might be a bonus in itself.

Might also pay to check what sort of papers you need to display to make sure people do not feel you take advantage of the situation - as there are already scammers doing the rounds and taking the money for themselves under the disguise of helping ChCh.

tipsy_bl0nde, Feb 23, 4:03am
i was going to get in touch with the red cross or salvation army and i have donated what i can but to make cupcakes it only costs say $4 for 12 and could sell for $2 each so really looking at how to get as much money to those who need it.

vintagekitty, Feb 23, 4:03am
Why would you need to contact the council!. School fundraisers, fairs etc do not need council permission. Just do a bring and buy bake sale, like the schools do.

Do you have kids at school!

vintagekitty, Feb 23, 4:03am
Why would you need to conatct the council?. School fundraisers, fairs etc do not need council permission. Just do a bring and buy bake sale, like the schools do.

Do you have kids at school?

tipsy_bl0nde, Feb 23, 4:04am
possibly even get in touch with a supermarket and see if they will donate some baking products

tipsy_bl0nde, Feb 23, 4:05am
Will have to do some research vintagekitty im sure it could be fine

uli, Feb 23, 4:44am
Not sure where you live - but up here one needs council permission to have a stall - of any kind. You can't just go somewhere and put a table up. They will soon move you along. Other option is in front of a supermarket or warehouse - then you need the permission of them of course.

uli, Feb 23, 4:44am
Not sure where you live - but up here one needs council permission to have a stall - of any kind. You can't just go somewhere and put a table up. They will soon move you along. Other option is in front of a supermarket or warehouse - then you need the permission of them of course.

ksr, Mar 11, 10:08am
I did a bakesale at work.I donated all the goods - made cookies, cakes and brownie.Sold them by donation - we only have a small staff and managed to get $140 to donate so pretty happy with that!