Buzzy offering Jam jars.what happened.

Page 2 / 2
jetxr8, Apr 14, 6:54am
I think that it was very generous and thoughtful of buzzy to offer this.
Far better to re-use them.I was 1 of the two people, who replied, wanting some of these jars.As I am preserving at present, as buzzy said, they would have been priceless, to me.
THANK YOU anyway BUZZY.Even though this didn't actually get to eventuate, your thoughtfulness and generosity in thinking of others, is a shining example, in these message threads.

jetxr8, Apr 14, 7:26am
Further to my message # 27, other shining examples, on these message threads, are when I have asked for help re finding a recipe, and people have generously given of their time and expertise, to help with my query. I much appreciate it.
It's great when we can all help one another; which iswhat buzzy was trying to do.xox

cookessentials, Apr 14, 7:28am
Oh dear buzzy, you have a very suspicious mind. I have better things to do with my time than reporting to Trademe that you are offering something ( free or not)

cookessentials, Apr 14, 7:31am
Meaning! and no, I didnt get any of the quince, which is fine. Lots of "Free" notices get pulled and if someone complained, dont look at me. And please dont summise that I had anything to do with it either!

elliehen, Apr 14, 8:46am
Recommended!

goldgurl, Apr 14, 11:50am
yes
goldgurl

jetxr8, Apr 14, 8:21pm
WOW, thanks Elliehen!How lovely of you (re your message at # 31).
Giving and goodness, to one another, makes the world go round.xo

natalie9, Apr 15, 9:24am
I would say Trade Me would easily just have a filter that any threads with the word 'free' go directly to the moderators. And then once the email is checked a standard email gets sent to the person, which probably include 'someone complained'. No maliciousness. Agree very kind to offer for free but goes against what Trade Me is.

olwen, Apr 15, 10:37am
I pay 10c at one local recycling shop, but the hospice shop had a very inflated idea of the value when I was in there.

elliehen, Apr 15, 10:45am
I still can't understand why they're not yet listed at 50 cents a box!

buzzy110, Apr 15, 9:06pm
Our local Op shop gives them away in their free bin. They prefer not to be given jars.

miri_s, Apr 15, 9:10pm
This is another site, that was posted in general a week or so ago - maybe it's worth a look!I'll probably get a rap on the knuckles for the link, but ce la vie.

http://www.asksharegive.org/

kay141, Apr 15, 9:39pm
Our hospice shops don't take them unless they are nice storage ones. The others charge 10c up depending on quality. In the summer and autumn, demand exceeds the supply. Perhaps there are less new jars, full or empty purchased down here or more people preserve, pickle, make jam. I don't know because I don't do any of that. The occasional batch of marmalade is my limit.

elliehen, Apr 15, 10:11pm
They can be 'given away' here on Trade me then, which was your original intention, but for a listing of 50 cents Buy Now per box - akin to the 'peppercorn' that was often paid in times past for land.