Agee Jars and lids

wildflower, Mar 10, 3:02am
I've used up my standard Agee jars with lids and rings.In the garage I have some old Agee Special jars that have a slightly smaller rim on them.In Pak n Save they have two ring sizes, standard and Agee Special but only one size of lid.Is their another lid size or does the one lid do both (as they only seem to be half a mm or so different).Much thanks for any help:)

kinna54, Mar 10, 3:42am
No I think you have to buy different lids.. You can also buy seals/lids to fit coffee jars as well. Also different screw bands fit different styles of agee jars i.e some take green screw bands and some gold. I know I have jars inherited from my mum that have to have the different seals and bands, I think the newer ones take the green bands. I found the best place over the years to buy bands and lids has been either 4 square shops, (they still seem to stock a lot of the older style products) or New World.

sands39, Mar 10, 5:28am
I use the perfit seals on my old AGEE special jars, the ones with the gold bands, and they work fine. According to the perfit website they now only make one size of seal to fit both the gold and green band jars. They no longer make the small bands and seals for the coffee jars.

pickles7, Mar 10, 6:49am
Its finding the gold bands these days. If you have some you can remove them the next day and free them up. I must go through all my bands, I may have some I can post on here, as I discarded the older jars.

senj, Mar 10, 6:51am
You can still buy the gold bands, and yes I use old with new so as to keep some free at all times,still been caught out though.

buzzy110, Mar 10, 11:46pm
Yes you can still buy both sorts of bands. Our local P-n-S has both green and gold. Just to be sure I bought 3 packets of the gold so I'd never run out. the seals fit both the newer and the Special jars.

wildflower, Mar 11, 2:48am
Thanks sweet peeps, I'll buy the other size bands and try them with my usual lids.Much appreciated.

wildflower, Mar 11, 3:02am
I've used up my standard Agee jars with lids and rings.In the garage I have some old Agee Special jars that have a slightly smaller rim on them.In Pak n Save they have two ring sizes, standard and Agee Special but only one size of lid.Is their another lid size or does the one lid do both (as they only seem to be half a mm or so different).Much thanks for any help:)

seniorbones, Mar 11, 3:19am
take your jar with you so you can make sure they fit..Briscoes also have some.

kinna54, Mar 11, 3:42am
No I think you have to buy different lids. You can also buy seals/lids to fit coffee jars as well. Also different screw bands fit different styles of agee jars i.e some take green screw bands and some gold. I know I have jars inherited from my mum that have to have the different seals and bands, I think the newer ones take the green bands. I found the best place over the years to buy bands and lids has been either 4 square shops, (they still seem to stock a lot of the older style products) or New World.

buzzy110, Mar 11, 11:46pm
Yes you can still buy both sorts of bands. Our local P-n-S has both green and gold. Just to be sure I bought 3 packets of the gold so I'd never run out. the seals fit both the newer and the Special jars.

wildflower, Mar 12, 2:48am
Thanks sweet peeps, I'll buy the other size bands and try them with my usual lids.Much appreciated.

seniorbones, Mar 12, 3:19am
take your jar with you so you can make sure they fit.Briscoes also have some.