Help Agee preserving jars

crystalmoon, Mar 2, 6:51am
Hi all,I have found a great stash of old agee preserving jars large and small and was planning to use them for gifts with dried cake/baking mixing in.However when I went to place lid and then band on them the Bands are too big.Any idea's on how I had make them tighten.The lids seem to fit but the bands are too loose and just keep spinning.Any helpfull idea's would be great.Thanks

dezzie, Mar 2, 6:53am
theres twotypes of bands, gold ones and green ones, they fit different threads on the jars, maybe you've got the wrong ones for your jars.

cgvl, Mar 2, 8:09am
if they are the old jars you probably need the green bands,

raebea, Mar 2, 8:16am
the old jars need gold bands & the newer jars have the name on the jar in an oval shape & they use the green bands.

crystalmoon, Mar 3, 12:30am
Thanks for the reply's.I have used the green bands and they just spin around,havnt seen any gold one at the suppermarket,can you buy the gold ones at supermarket too.Cheers will keep my eyes open.Thanks

crystalmoon, Mar 3, 6:51am
Hi all,I have found a great stash of old agee preserving jars large and small and was planning to use them for gifts with dried cake/baking mixing in.However when I went to place lid and then band on them the Bands are too big.Any idea's on how I had make them tighten.The lids seem to fit but the bands are too loose and just keep spinning.Any helpfull idea's would be great.Thanks

dezzie, Mar 3, 6:53am
theres twotypes of bands, gold ones and green ones, they fit different threads on the jars, maybe you've got the wrong ones for your jars.

crystalmoon, Mar 4, 12:30am
Thanks for the reply's.I have used the green bands and they just spin around,havnt seen any gold one at the suppermarket,can you buy the gold ones at supermarket too.Cheers will keep my eyes open.Thanks

crystalmoon, Mar 10, 2:08am
Thanks so much,Yes it is the goldbands.have got some gold bands from Milly's online shop and they fit perfectly.Yay will be able to start my gifts for next xmas now,or maybe easter gifts:)

dezzie, Mar 10, 11:15pm
Excellent, happy preserving!!

crystalmoon, Mar 11, 2:08am
Thanks so much,Yes it is the goldbands.have got some gold bands from Milly's online shop and they fit perfectly.Yay will be able to start my gifts for next xmas now,or maybe easter gifts:)

dezzie, Mar 11, 11:15pm
Excellent, happy preserving!