NZ Hottest Home Baker

Page 10 / 12
elliehen, Jun 1, 2:11am
Watch Coro on the other channel - you'll catch some home baking at Roy's Rolls cafe ;)

mwood, Jun 1, 3:27am
.think I'll watch the Australian Mensa Midgets demonstrating their impossible cooking skills tonight LOL

meegs35, Jun 1, 5:37am
That's right though. It is meant to be the Hottest Home Baker NOT hottest partner sof the home baker! Hamish needed to go.and he never should have been there in the first place!

elliehen, Jun 1, 5:38am
Record your votes here for the hottest partner ;)

maggie197, Jun 1, 6:53am
Maybe the idea behind having the partners do the work is to see how well the bakers are at communicating under stress in a kitchen enviroment. Just saying.*shrugs*

esme, Jun 1, 9:54pm
@236 Emani was def the hottest! Handsome, mild mannered and able to cope under pressure. He was a standout. But perhaps I am bias as he is my husband!!!

Sorry for gate crashing yr discussion board, but a friend showed me some of the comments do I just wanted to thank you all for yr kind words of support. Very humbling. As for the twist on this episode, at the time I thought it grossly unfair on the contestants, but more cruel on the partners - the feeling of guilt could affect a relationship. However after watching the show I felt relieved that the judging put more weight on the quality of the cakes and less on the decoration.

As for the overall skill levels, please appreciate that all of the contestants share a real passion for baking, they put their name into the hat and the producers/judges picked them. We all tried our best but the conditions really do make it hard to demonstrate yr real baking ability...you no doubt noticed the amount of sweating going on. As well as the heat there were other less desirable aspects....

Anyways, keep watching and I hope you enjoy the show
Regards
Es

vintagekitty, Jun 2, 1:13am
lol none. I think the idea of having partners there was because it's a reality tv show with a focus on baking. And no matter what some of you think re the baking skills of the contestants, the producers dont care. It's fluff tv, produced cheaply for the masses.

rainrain1, Jun 2, 1:29am
and oh how we all love it

mwood, Jun 2, 2:33am
*gasp* - shock horror ! no no no ! it is so for real *runs away crying*

indy95, Jun 3, 4:06am
Exactly.I am one of those people who will happily watch cooking shows ad infinitum but I won't be wasting any more of my valuable time on this one.

meegs35, Jun 3, 5:03am
So funny when I re read that comment I made! Not even one of them was remotely hot.!

fifie, Jun 3, 5:37am
Reality show, crap baking, whatever happens, we all tune in for more each week, i can't help myself just have to see what happens lol, Go Esme.

elliehen, Jun 3, 8:05am
I've been watching it later On Demand and getting through it faster ;)

bedazzledjewels, Jun 7, 2:05am
Yawn - what can we expect tonight, bakers!
I'm hoping for some poetic justice for Hamish tonight with that lady going home. Y'know the one - who turned down the oven and sent things flying!

fifie, Jun 7, 4:30am
Ha Ha like !

lodgelocum, Jun 7, 5:10am
Think she knows that, means she hopes Emily goes home as she caused Hamish so much anguish the previous week! with turning his oven up and knocking his pastry off the bench.I imagine more rubbish baking tonight

bedazzledjewels, Jun 7, 8:37am
That was quite a parting shot!

rod2, Jun 7, 8:52am
Stupid tart!How mean can you get.I bet she wished she never said that on tv.haha

sclaredy_cat, Jun 7, 9:11am
And I am sorry but being 'innovative with flavours which sometimes causes failures' does not explain flat eggy sponge! And what a seriously horrible thing to say in front of Emily, who cares that she was a bit of a smiling assassin - as so beautifully put by Colin. Meanie :(

juliewn, Jun 7, 9:13am
What did she say. I missed what she said.

lodgelocum, Jun 7, 9:13am
Wow Emily!

kokopuff, Jun 7, 9:35am
Wow what a surprise from Emily, i must admit she did really well. I'm glad Esme got through which i was hesitant about and Alice is that her name her problem is she was to cockey that was her down fall she thought she was the bees knees.
Go Esme.

falcon-hell, Jun 7, 10:03am
so did alice leave tonight! i was too busy watching my waltons dvd and forgot all about it-bugger.

music_note, Jun 7, 10:36am
Yes - Esme and Emily are left.

gingercrush, Jun 7, 11:22am
Hmm I didn't think what Alice said was mean at all. I just saw it as saying to a friend you can do it. But meh we interpret things differently.