NZ Hottest Home Baker

Page 12 / 12
fifie, Jun 14, 8:39am
Wow what a challenge that was, wanted esme to win,but well doneEmily you held it together perfectly.

bishra, Jun 14, 8:42am
Based on consistency and overall performance thrughout a series, wrong person wins masterchef, wrong person wins HHB = what with person who makes the biggest improvement. Does that mean don't be too good at the beginning.

tehenga288, Jun 14, 8:56am
Should have been Esme - good on Emily but I think Esme would have been more marketable and more popular as proved by these message boards.Like a lot of these shows, in the future the runner up does better than the winner.

annrob, Jun 14, 9:29am
I can't believe this- guess I won't be watching another season. And they wonder why serieslike this don't have the lifespan in NZ that they do overseas.
But Dean is a crap judge anyway, I don't get why he is so popular, as I've eaten high tea at Zarbos- and his bread during his association with them, and It was really dreadful, cheap, stale and the sandwiches were bigger than Esme's lamingtons!

maynard9, Jun 14, 9:50am
What a disappointment - so hoping Esme would win as I thought she was so consistent.It wasn't about 'improving'.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 14, 6:31pm
What really annoys me about both programmes is that cooking quickly seems to be the goal. They reduce the time limits down or demand too much of them in a fixed time, so that it no longer becomes a test of ability, skill and innovation. Of course they're really only interested in drama for the screen. Yuck!

ursula4, Jun 14, 6:42pm
Very disapointed for Esme, dont think i will be tuning in for another season.

rainrain1, Jun 14, 6:52pm
the right person won I thought.she won it last week hands down

kokopuff, Jun 14, 7:48pm
really hoped Esme won but never mind hopefully she will bring out a homebaking book so i can buy it. The one who handled the stress the best is obviously the main factor for winning and here i thought is was the best homebaker. Out of the 2 towers i thought Esms's looked more appealing to, me anyway.

rozke, Jun 15, 11:14am
so sorry you didnt win Esme . You were my choice.Playing fair and square.
l was sure you had more wins than Emily

poppy62, Jun 15, 10:17pm
I think the right person won!She didnt fold under pressure and her baking looked the best in the end!God, that sour face from Esme in the back row at the end of the show cracked me up!Could have been tiredness though I guess!

rainrain1, Jun 15, 11:34pm
I didn't notice a sour face, she has a lovely face, probably disappointment.
I wonder what the second place getter wins, they never say, and I think they oughta

poppy62, Jun 16, 3:54am
I do take my hat off to the two of them - baking 14 different things in 5 hrs was challenging.It would have been great to hear the comments about about all that they had made though!
One more thing - I really like the lady judge this time around - she was much more down to earth than the last episodes one.

rainrain1, Jun 16, 5:19am
I thought she was utterly boring (the lady judge)

lyl_guy, Jun 16, 5:22am
I did too, lol.As for Emily. she kind of 'grew on me' over the last couple of weeks. to the extent that I was 'backing' Esme up till the end, but was hoping Emily would win, at the very last minute, lol!It's a shame both couldn't have won. they were both pretty accomplished bakers - well, compared to me!

lyl_guy, Jun 16, 5:23am
Yep, she made a face when they said she was a "worthy competitor" or similar.I think it was pure disappointment.

kiwigirl252, Jul 13, 1:36am
I just thought I would tell you that they are showing the show on Telly over here on Saturday night,so will set my Telly to record the series for sure so I know what everyone's being taking about on here.have a great weekend everyone.