NZ Hottest Home Baker

Page 11 / 12
duckmoon, Jun 8, 12:04am
I think it was encouraging Esme rather than putting down Emily.

mwood, Jun 8, 12:09am
Emily did well and the others failed scones and sponge roll LOL

rrrg, Jun 8, 6:19am
Im glad Alice went out and her parting uncalled for remark was seen on National TV. I hope that has knocked her down a peg or too. She is unreal fancy picking up the scones off the floor and serving .really!

duckmoon, Jun 8, 6:21am
i dont' have a problem that she showed her scones to the judges. they didn't have to eat them. but what they were able to see was her ability (or not) to make scones.
they knew that they had been on the floor, therefore werent fit for consumption.

meegs35, Jun 10, 12:46am
I was thrilled that she left! So cocky and conceited (well that's how she has been portrayed), as well as being reasonably mean-spirited. AS well as that all that talking with her eyes closed drove me crazy! Terrible program, badly done, BUT I still watch it!

winnie231, Jun 10, 1:19am
We have to remember things are edited to create 'good viewing' . this often means creating points of controversy.
This is Alice's take on things from her blog -
http://www.aliceinbakingland.com/category/hottest-home-baker-reviews/

fifie, Jun 10, 1:34am
Interesting reading from a contestants prospective, thanks for the link.

eastie3, Jun 10, 2:42am
I think she was very polite about Emily where she referred to sabotage.Because of her efforts to gain advantage through dirty tricks,Emily is my least favourite of the contestants.Go Esme!

duckmoon, Jun 10, 5:03am
I am pleased that she said that Julia has said "just serve the ones from the floor", Julia and Brent and the contestant all knew not to eat them. But it gave them an idea of whether or not they were good scones.

mybooks, Jun 11, 11:21am
From the blog:
'One last thing… by turning to Esme and saying she was ‘Chelsea New Zealand’s Hottest Home Baker’, I wasn’t insulting Emily or her effort that day – she deserved that win. I truly believe that Esme is the best baker out of everyone on the show. and if it had been her and I in the final, I still would’ve thought that (and picked her to win!). Esme is her own biggest critic and during the course of the show has shown some total undeserved self-doubt. I wanted her to know I believed in her and that she had the skills to win and the talent to shine in the final. It was my final pep talk to her!

So thank you everyone for your support during the show. It’s been an interesting experience. Not one I’d care to repeat in a hurry but fun and challenging all the same. As I keep saying… the reality of reality TV is that very little is real at all. Or in other words, take your baking with a grain of salt!'

bedazzledjewels, Jun 14, 4:11am
Finals night tonight.

falcon-hell, Jun 14, 4:44am
bets are on-esme or emily-i've had my money on esme the whole time-but you never know.

mwood, Jun 14, 6:03am
Emily at odds of 2 to 1

bedazzledjewels, Jun 14, 6:15am
Emily seemed to go well under pressure last week. But I so like Esme.

fifie, Jun 14, 7:10am
Hoping Esme can hold it together tonight, but something tells me Emily copes with pressure better.

kokopuff, Jun 14, 7:13am
Its the final and they are do 5hrs but it is only on t.v for 1hr. Man they are cutting a crap load out.

kokopuff, Jun 14, 7:54am
wow isnt emily very composed. Come on Esme.

kokopuff, Jun 14, 8:16am
nice to see esme has pulled herself together

eastie3, Jun 14, 8:20am
Go Esme!

jasmeen01, Jun 14, 8:24am
OMG how cute is esme & her partner -

rosebud68, Jun 14, 8:25am
I am just so glad that they have actually tidied up the pantry this year and that they arent standing in front of big ugly boxes like they have been for the last 2 years!Oh yeah, and GO ESME

chchliz, Jun 14, 8:25am
Would like to see Esme win!

chchliz, Jun 14, 8:31am
Boo

gennie, Jun 14, 8:31am
Ahhhh Emily.I really wanted Esme to win.Emily did a great job, just took a shine to Esme more.

takemeopshoppin, Jun 14, 8:32am
Meh!