So. what's for dinner tonite ?

Page 1 / 2
fisher, Apr 3, 4:41am
on this windy overcast day.
I'm out hunting in the garden for fresh veges.
roast some young beetroot. slice some young cucumber.red capsicum. green capsicum. black capsicum. boil some nice butter beans.new spuds out of the garden. baby carrots. some tomatoes still going. radish everywhere. spring onions.Pick some green or red loose leaf lettuce.Maybe chop up some pumpkin or butternut,, pick some silverbeet.or grab some frozen sweet corn out of the freezer.hmmmm
What ya reckon folks.what should I make.!

cookessentials, Apr 3, 4:47am
A nice piece of eye fillet steak with various vegetables, steamed.

winnie231, Apr 3, 5:13am
Hiya fisher :)
What about making something along the lines if an Indonesian Gado Gado!
All those lovely home grown veges with a peanut dipping sauce . mmm the thought is making me hungry!

antoniab, Apr 3, 5:30am
Jamie Olivers Steak, guiness and cheese pie mmmmm so so good!

davidt4, Apr 3, 6:18am
A small leg of lamb with onions, kumara, garlic, tomatoes, chilli, paprika, cumin, dried mint, salt, pepper and pomegranate molasses, which by the time we eat it will have been in the oven at 140C for 6 hours.Brussels sprouts with butter, mint and feta.

uli, Apr 3, 6:29am
Kune back leg in crock pot with star anise and ginger and some wine. Served with lots of roast onions and mushrooms, freshly harvested pumpkin and broccoli.

rainrain1, Apr 3, 6:34am
cold roast leg young wild pork,lettuce salad, boiled potato,and fresh very excellent homemade (thanks to the chef Bevan Smith in the ODT) runner bean, cauli, and green tomato chow chow.

baalamb, Apr 3, 6:40am
Mango chicken with rice at our place!

lythande1, Apr 3, 6:57am
Fish and chips.

samanya, Apr 3, 7:08am
Scrambled eggs with fresh herbs, tomato &croissant .all home grown.

charlieb2, Apr 3, 7:15am
Hey fisherman . we had a bacon covered meatloaf today. first time I'd tried it and I was trying to find one of your recipes for meatloaf and couldnt find it in the copious quantities I'd saved, lol. Quite nice, I did your rissole trick andprecooked onions/garlic.Serve with good old mashed spuds, peas and carrots.Oh, and gravy!Compulsary item for Mrcharlieb! Not too bad at all.

What did you make in the end!

charlieb2, Apr 3, 7:15am
Oooooh davidt.Your brussels sound tasty.Would you share how you make them, please!

ETA:Never mind, I saw your method in a thread further down.Will definitely be trying that next time.

ruby19, Apr 3, 7:40am
Nothing flash here! ! Home made pies using left over curry and mexican chilli beans. Seperately of course. Just got home,but i am sure family will like them for a change :-)

ant_sonja, Apr 3, 8:44am
late dinner here, fried eggs, sunny side up, Various leafy greens from the garden made into a salad, some left over beetroot and sausages.

uli, Apr 5, 7:09am
tuna steaks, green salad, tomato salad, green bean salad, potatoes with cream.

uli, Apr 5, 9:17pm
Roast goat, broccoli, cauli and pumpkin.

jimmy2102, Apr 5, 9:24pm
Lamb chops with mint jelly, mashed potatoe and gravy, courgettes, roast tomatoes and brussel sprouts.

fifie, Apr 5, 10:58pm
Pan fried fish with a creamy curry sauce, and maybe a fresh tomato chutney to go along side.

charlieb2, Apr 5, 11:13pm
We are having a treat tonight of Lamb steaks.Just not sure how to cook them yet

cookessentials, Apr 5, 11:24pm
Well, for us tonight ( being good Friday) it will be fish. However, by the time I closed up last night and got to Moore Wilson, there was no fresh fish, so I have some wood roasted salmon so will have to make do with that tonight.
I have a leg of lamb for either tomorrow or Sunday.

molly37, Apr 6, 12:22am
Lamb Shanks in the crock pot. Never cooked them like this before. Smelling pretty good already though.

beaker59, Apr 6, 2:32am
I'm doing a roast leg of lamb (on special this week at P n S) with roast potato's and some carrots and broccolli in a cheese sauce. A nice dinner because work has meant haven't seen the family much over the past 2 weeks.

fisher, Apr 6, 3:41am
Good ole mashed spuds with fine chopped raw onions.big slab of marinated steak cooked with garlic slivers.steamed pumpkin with black pepper and nutmeg. rich homemade gravy with peas mixed through. butter beans from the garden (again: LOL).
Nice to have a basic meal after all the restaurants overseas over the last few weeks.

elliehen, Apr 6, 4:04am
fisher, I've been adding a red sorrel to my salads.Do you know what else to do with it!

alewis, Apr 6, 4:08am
have friends coming over so was bbq ing - have pork eye fillet marinating in a wild appetite garlic and mustard sauce, scotch fillet steak as well and have discovered asian food markets big time have the most amazing fresh veggies in bin, thought I would make a bit of a ceaser salad and have 1/4 red cabbage, what do you think fisher - nuts! carrot! waves to all my friends.