Wraps for dinner. Chicken marinade flavors?

lindar, Mar 27, 10:17pm
Will be warmed like Turkish kebabs. Any ideas of what to put on to make them tasty. Thanks.
Also have some steak which i will slice thinly as don't have nough chicken for everyone so any ideas there would be good too.

kinna54, Mar 28, 2:41am
Do you want them to be traditionally turkish, or do you just want a nice flavoursome variety of sauces.
I have used a lot of different sauces, these are not turkish, just some suggestions fordifferent varieties:
Satay is good for either chicken or beef,plum sauce, sweet and sour, chilli and lime,(for chicken)black bean for beef.
Also a nice taco sauce or a peri peri sauce could be nice.

lindar, Mar 28, 2:59am
Thanks. Those sound good. What would your suggestion be for traditional Turkish to flavor the chicken or beef before cooking.

ange164, Mar 28, 3:31am
I love masterfoods cajun spice coating the fried chicken cubes, and bbq sauce on the wrap too with the salad. And If you can find them (my pack n save has them) Jambal brand lebanonese bread are delicious made up as turkish wraps.

davidt4, Mar 28, 5:11am
Here's a spice mix that is used for minced meat kebabs (kofte).It is also good with any meat including chicken.

Turkish Kofte Spice Mix

1/3 c ground cumin
1/3 c dried mint
1/3 c dried oregano
2 tab sweet paprika
2 tab black pepper
2 tsp hot paprika

Use 2 tab for 500g of meat.If you are using lean meat, e.g. chicken breast, add a little olive oil along with the spice mix.

antoniab, Mar 28, 5:44am
http://joelens.blogspot.co.nz/2010/05/cilantro-lime-chicken-tacos.html - this marinade is REALLY delicious (if you like coriander) - freezes well too :)

lindar, Mar 28, 6:56am
Great recipe ideas thanks!

willman, Sep 21, 8:07pm
Place chicken ina bowl with lime juice,garlic and oil.Refridgerate for 15 mins if possible.