Can i make fish cakes without potatoes?

seez1, Feb 13, 11:29pm
I have a HEAP of smoked mullet - but no spuds! What could I make! Cakes and Pie both need potatoe mash.

seez1, Feb 13, 11:29pm
I have a HEAP of smoked mullet - but no spuds! What could I make! Cakes and Pie both need potatoe mash. (And no cauli either! I have broccoli!!)

bluecalico, Feb 13, 11:30pm
Why not make a thick white sauce instead!.plenty of fish.maybe some onion.then dip in breadcrumbs

beaker59, Feb 13, 11:42pm
smoked fish salad mmmmmm

Smoked fish on toast grilled with tomatoes cheese onion and chilli.

245sam, Feb 13, 11:48pm
Yes, as bluecalico has suggested - croquettes, but be sure to make a really thick sauce, OR some other suggestions.
fish pie topped with crumpled filo
pastry encased fish pie
fish in sauce (parsley!) topped at serving time with cooked pastry squares

A number of years ago when my Mum who doesn't eat potatoes was staying with us I remember making a fish (salmon I think it was) pie with a rice crust - I have the recipe if you would like it.

Hope that helps.:-))

245sam, Feb 13, 11:48pm
Yes, as bluecalico has suggested - croquettes, but be sure to make a really thick sauce, OR some other suggestions.
fish pie topped with crumpled filo
fish pie topped with bread (buttered if preferred) and grated cheese
pastry encased fish pie
fish in sauce (parsley!) topped at serving time with cooked pastry squares

A number of years ago when my Mum who doesn't eat potatoes was staying with us I remember making a fish (salmon I think it was) pie with a rice crust - I have the recipe if you would like it.

Hope that helps.:-))

seez1, Feb 13, 11:55pm
Thanks for all the ideas.

I think I might go for the pastry encased fish pie - its seems to be at my level of cooking skills! Maybe grill cheese on top!
& of course the toast for tomorrow :-)

Thanks very much.

fisher, Feb 13, 11:58pm
dont forget the fresh fine chopped parsley and use white pepper. if you use a cheese topping, little sprinkling of paprika over the top.:}