Targine cooking.

Page 2 / 3
cookessentials, Jan 11, 9:15pm
There are tagines available that are formulated to go directly on the stove top or in the oven, they are a breeze to use. Just bear in mind, a tagine is not a casserole.a casserole has gravy.

richard198, Jan 11, 9:17pm
Not 11pm, but 6.24am.
My comment related to the above post (posted at 6.24 in the morning)
How devious can you get!
Fortunately for other posters on here they don't need to rely on you for recipes, while you continue to sulk like a spoilt child.

cookessentials, Jan 11, 10:12pm
10.49pm Monday 9th Jan if I am not mistaken. Post #7 for reference.

richard198 (79 )9:17 am, Wed 11 Jan #17
("I shall put the recipe up tomorrow if that's ok!").False promise!
There is a recipe or two in the links I have posted above. ( As well as davidt4's recipe above and on the other thread about tagine cooking.)

Edited by richard198 at 9:21 am, Wed 11 Jan

cookessentials, Jan 11, 10:13pm
Do you have a problem with something!

richard198, Jan 11, 10:48pm
Keep it honest!

You're trying to make out you didn't post a recipe because it was late, yet the following morning, instead of posting a recipe you post this:-
"Perhaps richard198 would like to give you a recipe phoenix, I am not about to go down this track again with this particular poster."

richard198, Jan 11, 10:48pm
Keep it honest!

bill241, Jan 11, 11:02pm
It makes sense to me.what is it with this MB topic, you lot are always flying off the handle at each other. She said she'd post one in the morning, then you came in with a differing opinion that you've both clashed on before, so she decided not to.

katalin2, Jan 11, 11:10pm
The book I bought in Morocco is "The Traditional Cuisine of Morocco" by Mou mini Bouchra, published by Escudo De Oro. It was an inexpensive soft cover book with beautiful colour photos.The recipe below is from this book.

cookessentials, Jan 11, 11:18pm
Thank you bill.that was the very reason why I did not bother.

katalin2, Jan 11, 11:21pm
Tagine de Mrozia:
1.5kg lamb pieces
700gm raisins
200gm almonds
1 lge onion
1 T moroccan spice
1 t ginger
1/2 t artificial colouring- (have not used this, used dark soy sauce)
12 strands natural saffron
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 t cinnamon
200g honey
1/2 small cup olive oil

Saute the diced onionin a pan with the oil. Place the pieces of meat, clean and dry, in the pan. Add the garlic and all the spices except the cinnamon.
Cover with water, close the pan and simmer for around 50 minutes, adding extra water if necessary.
Add raisins to meat, simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Pour in the honey, sprinkle with cinnamon, and reduce sauce before turning off heat.
Place almonds, boiled and peeled, in a frying pan. Cover with oil and gently fry. Remove almonds from frying pan when golden and dry with kitchen roll.
Finally, serve the pieces of meat on a round plate, and cover with the raisin sauce.
Decorate with the almonds.
Serve hot, accompanied by mint tea.

ants9, Jan 11, 11:21pm
Agree with the above.
I find it amazing that the time Buzzy disappeared this Richard came out of the blue,a bit of a coincidence as it looks like he istrying to harrass the same people,just saying as I read through the recipe threads
It is not a good look for 'adult' people!

cookessentials, Jan 11, 11:40pm
Sounds nice katalin, although, i would be like you.I think I would forgo the artificial flavouring! My friend whose husband is Egyptian gave me some beautiful Iranian saffron which is fabulous. I have been using Greytown grown saffron which is very nice,however the Iranian is more smokier and quite a treat.

cookessentials, Jan 11, 11:40pm
Sounds nice katalin, although, i would be like you.I think I would forgo the artificial flavouring! My friend whose husband is Egyptian gave me some beautiful iranian saffron which is fabulous. I have been using Greytown grwn saffron which is very nice,however the Iranian is more smokier and quite a treat.

nzl99, Jan 12, 12:19am
funny you mention that, one of the other salads I made yesterday was a good old tab but with a quinoa base and chnkier than usual bits in it. :-)

davidt4, Jan 12, 1:08am
I agree.Everything by Claudia Roden is great and this is one of her best.You can get it from Book Depository for $49

http://www.bookdepository.com/Jewish-Food-Claudia-Roden/9780140466096

richard198, Jan 12, 1:10am
My point exactly.
I have never, ever commented on any of your recipes on here.
Phoenix asked you for a recipe and you declined on the basis of a disagreement between you and me!
It's between you and Phoenix, and now you have let her down.

richard198, Jan 12, 1:16am
With respect; I was not the one doing the harrassing.
I offered both an opinion and alternative recipes, for which I received harrassment! Unfortunately for that poster I stand up for myself and don't take any nonsense. I agree that is very tiresome; I had already walked away from it, but the above poster won't do the same.

cookessentials, Jan 12, 1:27am
All was perfectly fine until post #8 and then your coments at #17. So please just let it go, thanks.

richard198, Jan 12, 3:41am
What was wrong with my post at #8!
Phoenix asked if tagine can be cooked in a casserole dish.
My response was that they can and that it will taste the same.
I even posted some recipes for her as well as a link where a well known chef did an experiment to compare the two methods; concluding that they tasted the same!
Now tell me what was wrong with that post!

My post at #17 was in response to your childish response to a request by phoenix for a recipe from you, which you declined on the basis of something unrelated to her!

I think it is time for you to let it go.
(As I had already done so, until you dragged it up again!

purplegoanna, Jan 12, 10:07pm
theres no issue with post #8 its merely ones opinion.differing from one others.thats what makes the message board world go round & round. wouldnt it be boring if we all cooked the same way with the same recipes.

cookessentials, Jan 12, 10:31pm
Quite coreect, however after past "discussions" I thought it best that we leave it up to the poster that made that comment. And yes, you are quite correct about differing opinions. We have had that in a number of threads with the particular poster of #8 making a mockery of other posters contributions which is why I thought it better to leave it over to them. Phoenix was given a couple of recipes and all was well until post #17 and the subsequent ones by the same poster.so leave em to it I say. Cant be bothered with that sort of behaviour

richard198, Jan 13, 3:23am
You obviously won't leave it alone will you!

As I said, the proof is in the pudding, and you have conclusively been proven to wrong (on several occasions now!)

Has anyone had experience with bullies or psychopaths!
I have and the common trait between them is they both accuse others of behaviour that they are guilty of themselves!

cookessentials, Jan 13, 3:52am
Ohgive it a rest.someone else commented otherwise the thread would have died a natural death. The comment was in answer to someone elses post, not yours. I think you best go over what you have said in this thread way up the top before you choose to point the finger. The poster has some recipes and info now, so just take a step back and let it go instead of making yourself look even more foolish. And yes i have had experience of bullies.your above posts are proof of that. Interesting that other posters picked it up early on, however, you are like a dog with a bone and go on and on and on.

richard198, Jan 13, 6:15am
You make my point admirably!
(Ever heard of the saying, "When you're in a hole, stop digging"!)
As I said before, a fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject!
Anybody else want to discuss Tagine cooking!

buzzy110, Jan 14, 4:55am
I'd thank you to leave me out of this debate. But seeing as you have included me I'll comment. Richard is correct. Tagine cooked food tastes no different if it is cooked in a pot or casserole instead. If the tagine recipe is followed it will come out exactly as it should.

I have a tagine and use it to good effect, but sometimes, if I am late starting a meal I use my special skillet with a special lid that cooks under semi-pressure so I can have my meal before 10pm and it tastes and looks exactly like it came out of my tagine. I sometimes wonder why I bothered to buy a tagine in the first instance. It just takes up valuable cupboard space and is not anywhere near as easy to wash as my special skillet.