Eggs in Eggs Benedict

Page 3 / 7
pickles7, Jan 8, 3:47am
you are treyeing!

badams1, Jan 8, 3:47am
feel the love.x

cookessentials, Jan 8, 3:48am
Have you not heard of the term stoop uli! it means to lower oneself. As for my eggs, no, not hard just not really runny

buzzy110, Jan 8, 3:48am
Lol. I thought 'growing' would team better with amusement. 'Simmering' has darker undertones. Gentle ribbing and growing amusement are much better bedfellows methinks.

alpinestar, Jan 8, 3:48am
hehehe

yjeva, Jan 8, 3:49am
Because Uli just loves picking nits! It's a way of life.

buzzy110, Jan 8, 3:51am
Still drizzling despite what the ever wrong Met service said we'd have. I'm just loving all this rain. It makes a nice change from unremitting heat.

pickles7, Jan 8, 3:55am
excuse me while i light my spliff

miri_s, Jan 8, 3:56am
It does seem to me that a runny yoke forms an integral part of the sauce (the hollandaise + yoke).To overcook the eggs would destroy this delicious effect, which is a shame.But each to their own.

buzzy110, Jan 8, 3:57am
Good idea. At school we learned how to make a "fluffy omelette". I've never made one since, but I seem to remember that the yolk in that was still runny when it came time to eat it.

Maybe we could invent a new version of eggs Benedict and call it Mushroom Eggs Alpinestar- a fluffly omelette with a runny yolk on a thick slice of grilled eggplant and smothered in a hot mushroom sauce.

bex2211, Jan 8, 4:00am
likes.

kay141, Jan 8, 4:01am
Amazing how such a simple subject as poached eggs turns nasty so quickly.

cosby, Jan 8, 4:02am
I expect them to be runny.
I prefer them to be slightly more cooked.
Therefore I would ask for them to be done so.
Can't stand eggs so under-cooked that still have clear white around the yolk.
That said, I make them at home- my hollandaise is far superior, the eggs are poached to perfection, and the cost is about a quarter of what you get charged in a cafe. Problem solved :o)

pickles7, Jan 8, 4:03am
spliff.or. Bob
you really don't have to answer that.lol.

whitehead., Jan 8, 4:05am
i dont like egg dripping on my chin its messy and i look funny

whitehead., Jan 8, 4:06am
i dont like it when it drips down my front as well its hard to get of me jumper when i wash it

pickles7, Jan 8, 4:07am
shave

cookessentials, Jan 8, 4:07am
Home made when well done is always nice. I certainly would not like them hard, but like mine as you do.

pickles7, Jan 8, 4:07am
i dont like it when it drips down my front as well its hard to get of me jumper when i wash it

take ya jumper off

bex2211, Jan 8, 4:08am
Runny eggs are great for hangovers.

buzzy110, Jan 8, 4:14am
Or better still wear a strapless evening frock with a plunging neckline and a bib.

buzzy110, Jan 8, 4:18am
Whose being nasty!!

miri_s, Jan 8, 4:21am
The Elizabethans were onto it.Nothing like a good ruff for catching dribbles, and then enabling one to channel these towards one's least favourite table companion.Would go down a treat in this thread.

buzzy110, Jan 8, 4:22am
Plus it is not nice to have egg on your face, unless you are my grandie. He looks luvverly with egg dripping down his wee chin and onto his wee bib. Add in his gurlges of delight and you wish you could give him 10 soft boiled eggs.

pickles7, Jan 8, 4:25am
pass the. spliff.to .kay141