Eggs in Eggs Benedict

Page 2 / 7
uli, Jan 8, 3:06am
. only if there was a cockerel with the hens and the eggs are fertilized - which the caged eggs (which is what a cafe would use) are not.
Don't split hairs ellie :)

As an aside: Do your hens have a cockerel! Or do they have to fight for themselves without a protector!

elliehen, Jan 8, 3:11am
No hair (or feather) splitting ;)

All the eggs I eat are free-range and the most recent ones came from a friend with some sweet little hens that lay green eggs and run with the roosters.Arancuna!Almost too pretty to eat.

cookessentials, Jan 8, 3:12am
we all have different ideas.thats the beauty of the recipe section. As for simmering animosity! It is what you make it I guess.

richard198, Jan 8, 3:15am
I once ordered Eggs Benedict in the Smashed Pipi (Mangawhai) and they served them with yolks broken!
Since they obviously didn't care, I have been scaring anyone I know away from the place ever since!

buzzy110, Jan 8, 3:16am
I don't know about ellie's hens but I know that on these boards we hens are left to fight among ourselves. Lol. Don't worry uli, I think elli was trying, in her way to join in the "gentle ribbing". Remember we should all stop the hen fight and become gentle ribbers instead, tickling each other's ribs until one or the other side pleads for mercy and a return to open hositlity.

dbab, Jan 8, 3:18am
Geez uli, lighten up.
No one had any problems until you made an uncalled-for comment at #5

toadfish, Jan 8, 3:21am
My thoughts exactly. Blame the bad weather and boredom.
Don't bite ladies.

pickles7, Jan 8, 3:21am
Give themPROTECTION .uli.

buzzy110, Jan 8, 3:22am
That's funny. Maybe their name (Smashed Pipi) is a giveaway sign of the sort of food they serve up. I wonder if they got the name from a kete of over imbibing pipi or the chef's name nickname was Pipi and he/she was the over imbiber. Or maybe they smash everything. So broken egg yolks, smashed potatoe and broken biscuits, cakes and muffins, etc served on smashed crockery.

toadfish, Jan 8, 3:24am
My GF always asks for firm yokes. just her preference and sends them back regulary because they runny yokes even after her very specific request. I on the other hand love runny yokes oozing out. And last time we went out fro breakfast. we both had Eggs benedict. cooked to our liking.

elliehen, Jan 8, 3:26am
A great cooking metaphor there, buzzy.Nothing but simmering amusement here in the laid back Top Of The South and an enduring interest in linguistics :)

cookessentials, Jan 8, 3:26am
I cannot stand really runny yolks, and even worse are whites that are "just" done but still have a slightly clear film on them.

uli, Jan 8, 3:29am
Umm - my way!
Are you another believer who thinks we just call an egg a cabbage because that is how we feel like!

If I order eggs benedict then I know what to expect. A soft boiled or runny poached egg.

Poster#1 didn't and asked for advice.

How is it going to help her if cooks says - "cook your egg however you like"! That is not egg benedict - sorry to say - and that is what we have been discussing her on these boards for years.

If there is a "recipe" for something - why not cook it that way.
If you want to change the recipe - then great - AND call it something else.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with "my way" - in fact if you check above you can see other posters saying the same as myself : "a runny egg"

Not sure what your problem is here!

uli, Jan 8, 3:31am
Araucana - lovely chickens and very pretty eggs :)

dbab, Jan 8, 3:32am
People come on here asking for opinions and advice. It's up to them what they choose to use.
God it must be fun to be so arrogant!

bedazzledjewels, Jan 8, 3:34am
Well, that rooster, either Knowsley or Ferita, will be in soon to sort you hens out!

uli, Jan 8, 3:36am
Toady - we have sunshine here :0
How is your weather going!

cookessentials, Jan 8, 3:37am
I wouldnt have thought you would stoop to the same level as uli or buzzy bedazzled.

uli, Jan 8, 3:37am
What is your point there!
Of course they ask for advice and they will take away what they want to see/believe/read. what has that to do with "arrogant"!

uli, Jan 8, 3:39am
Haha - cooks - what a laugh - "stoop" .!

I hope your eggs were very well cooked, not runny and not with any uncooked whites either this morning, covered with Maggi sauce and white toast underneath.

cookessentials, Jan 8, 3:39am
NOT "cook your egg any way you like" or "cook a cabbage instead, its just the same as an egg"

saffa2, Jan 8, 3:41am
Mwahahahhahahaa.

bedazzledjewels, Jan 8, 3:42am
It's a joke, Cooks.

alpinestar, Jan 8, 3:45am
Can I have my eggs bene meringued!

pickles7, Jan 8, 3:45am
With you 100 %
I would be offended to be asked.
How trashy, to be asked something as personal as to how you like your eggs.