Forgot eggs in muffins!

callie_rosa, Jun 7, 7:14am
I just made banana muffins which have been in the oven for 10mins and then as I was cleaning up realized that I got the two eggs in the recipe out but never put them in the muffins!!

what are eggs used for in muffins? will they still be ok?

lizab, Jun 7, 7:22am
I think they help them rise??? I'm sure you'll be able to tell us after another 10 mins of cooking time!! I've forgotten to put the sugar in muffins before. I just tell my husband that he can't have perfection EVERY time!! haha!!

callie_rosa, Jun 7, 7:23am
Haha I have forgotten the sugar before too - they tasted awful! LOL
Well, they have risen ok. They look pretty normal too! guess I will have to wait until they cool and I can taste one and see!

245sam, Jun 7, 7:38am
callie_rosa, my guess is that you were trying to do/think of too many things at once and that's how come you forgot the eggs.I think your egg-less muffins will be scone-like but please do let us know how what you think of them once you've done the taste test - IMO they'll still be perfectly edible but not as light and moist as if they'd had those 2 eggs.:-))

callie_rosa, Jun 7, 7:50am
Thanks!

You are right they are not as light as usual but still delicious! They still turned out quite moist, the banana must have helped that :)

lindylambchops1, Jun 7, 9:58am
So who has the best fed birds in Canterbury!?!!!!

kuaka, Jun 7, 10:44am
I think they might also help with the texture, taste and keeping quality, but if they taste okay, and they've risen, then well done.

callie_rosa, Jun 8, 7:14am
I just made banana muffins which have been in the oven for 10mins and then as I was cleaning up realized that I got the two eggs in the recipe out but never put them in the muffins!

what are eggs used for in muffins! will they still be ok!

lizab, Jun 8, 7:22am
I think they help them rise! I'm sure you'll be able to tell us after another 10 mins of cooking time! I've forgotten to put the sugar in muffins before. I just tell my husband that he can't have perfection EVERY time! haha!

245sam, Jun 8, 7:38am
callie_rosa, my guess is that you were trying to do/think of too many things at once and that's how come you forgot the eggs.I think your egg-less muffins will be scone-like but please do let us know how what you think of them once you've done the taste test - IMO they'll still be perfectly edible but not as light and moist as if they'd had those 2 eggs.:-))

calista, Jun 8, 9:39am
I have an eggless bran muffin recipe from the Alison Holst Healthy Muffins book that is one of my favourites.

lindylambchops1, Jun 8, 9:58am
So who has the best fed birds in Canterbury!!!

kuaka, Jun 8, 10:44am
I think they might also help with the texture, taste and keeping quality, but if they taste okay, and they've risen, then well done.