Rice pudding Recipes

3itchy, Jan 2, 8:43am
Ahh I have lost my good please help me with maybe a new good one

lindylambchops1, Jan 2, 8:50am
Try using a can of coconut cream or milk plus milk/water to 1/2 cup short grain rice.Brown sugar, knob of butter.Cook slowly in oven on about 150c.

Can add dried fruit sultanas or raisins.

seniorbones, Jan 2, 8:15pm
always make it from the edmonds book, but I add a tbs of shreddo make it so beautifully creamy!

gilligee, Jan 2, 8:21pm
Shreddo! That is pure fat!

petal1955, Jan 2, 11:06pm
Creamy Rice Pudding(Jo Seagar's)

8 heaped tablespoons aborio rice
1/4 cup water
300ml milk
300ml cream (or you can use all milk)
Large knob butter
2 tblspns vanilla essence
4 tbspns castor sugar.
METHOD:
Place rice, water, milk and cream in saucepan. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a very gentle simmer. Stir every so often for 20 mins, until the rice has swelled up and thickened. Rice should be soft, but have a little bite to it. Stir in the butter, vanilla and sugar and stir until disolved. Pour into a dish and place under gentle grill for four to five mins until a brown skin develops. Serve with cream. Serves 4.

kiwitel, Feb 4, 5:45am
Petal your recipe from Jo Seagar is so simple to make and sooo delicious!
The search function helped again! This is just what we felt like tonight. :)

spunkeymonkey, Feb 4, 6:17am
I make mine in my rice cooker. one lire of milk, 2 cups of water, half a cup of sugar, vanilla esense oh and 1 cup of rice an throw it all in the rice cooker but don't for get to stir every now and then so it doesn't clog together and it only takes about an hour if that

biggles45, Feb 4, 6:23am
.and stir in a couple of large tbsp of ice cream before serving! Makes it really creamy.

nauru, Feb 5, 8:16am
Rice pudding is very nice with chopped apricots, raisins,chopped nuts and ground cardamon added.

davidt4, Feb 5, 8:49am
Here's an unusual and very delicious rice pudding from Cambodia.

Coconut Rice Pudding (Cambodian)
1 c Jasmine rice
3 c coconut milk
½ c water
zest of 1 lime in large strips
¼ c palm sugar
¼ c butter in small cubes
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground star anise
½ vanilla pod
juice of 1 lime

Heat oven to 180C.

Place in shallow ovenproof dish the rice, coconut milk, water, zest and sugar.Stir well, scatter butter on top.Bake 30 min.

Stir well and add cinnamon, star anise and vanilla.Return to oven and cook 60 - 80 minutes until almost all liquid absorbed and there is a golden brown skin on top.Take out of oven a cool.Squeeze lime juice on top.

Serve warm or cold with fruit.The pieces of lime zest will be soft and full of flavour.

margyr, Feb 5, 9:34pm
that jo seager one sounds right, however I put all into an enamel dish or casserole and bake slowly 150 until cooked, stir after about 1/2 and hour and it is ready in about an hour. I use 1 cup of aborio rice and about 6 cups of milk.

kiwitel, Feb 5, 9:42pm
My husband keen to have it again tonight as having family over- will try it in the oven- thanks margyr.

sarahb5, Feb 6, 5:38am
My mum used to sprinkle oats and nutmeg on the top of hers - was always lovely and thick as well as creamy.Where do you get short grain rice from!I haven't seen any for ages or do you just buy arborio instead!

kiwitel, Feb 6, 6:30am
I just used medium grain rice which i had in the cupboard and its so delicious so will keep using medium grain and not bother tracking down short grain. It is very scrummy and creamy! Doubled the recipe today for guests but only used 200 mls cream and 1000 mls of mik and 1/2 cup water and was still very creamy. Had a bit of hokey pokey ice cream on it tonight- need to do extra exercise tomorrow!

bunny51, Feb 6, 7:31am
Sushi rice works as well.

margyr, Feb 6, 5:36pm
next time you buy rice buy the arborio this is like short grain and is delicious, for years I used med grain as I could not find short, and then I discovered arborio, nom, nom.