Rice pudding made with cream+milk..

justme27, Apr 9, 4:13am
Last year I saw, and wrote out, a yummy rice desert recipe in here which used 1/2 milk and 1/2 cream in the recipe, made it quite a few times and went to make it again for tea tonight but can't find the recipe :( I have tried the Search option but can't find it - the original was part way down a page started by a different poster...help pleeeease

prawn_whiskas, Apr 9, 4:19am
I make mine with

1 can of Carnation Evap Milk
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of water
50g of short grain rice (washed until water runs clear)
1 T Sugar (you may want it sweeter)
1t Vanilla Extract - or - 1t of vanilla Paste - or - Slit 1 vanilla bean and add
2T butter

Make in the usual way on the stove, in the oven or in the crockpot on low for about 5-6 hours.

justme27, Apr 9, 4:34am
Mmm, thanks for that one..the one that I had, had the milk, cream, sugar and rice simmered together no water etc and was lovely and creamy but I've taken note of this one too :)

motorbo, Apr 9, 5:08am
ive made it with coconut milk......very yumo

petal1955, Apr 9, 5:10am
Creamy Rice Pudding

It's a Jo Seager one.
8 heaped tablespoons aborio rice
1/4 cup water
300ml milk
300ml cream (or you can use all milk)
Large knob butter
2 tblspns vanilla essence
4 tbspns castor sugar.
METHOD:
Place rice, water, milk and cream in saucepan. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a very gentle simmer. Stir every so often for 20 mins, until the rice has swelled up and thickened. Rice should be soft, but have a little bite to it. Stir in the butter, vanilla and sugar and stir until disolved. Pour into a dish and place under gentle grill for four to five mins until a brown skin develops. Serve with cream. Serves 4.

justme27, Apr 9, 9:40am
Thanks for these recipes, will print them out and not lose them :)

cookessentials, Apr 9, 9:48am
This is mine, have just copy and pasted it from our website. Have never used water. Just evaporated and ordinary milk.

Creamy Rice Pudding
An all-time favourite in our household as a kid. Mum used to use half ordinary milk and a tin of evaporated milk, which makes a beautiful creamy rice,very similar to the "Ambrosia" tinned rice in England -try it, you will be a convert!!
Ingredients:
4 tbsp short grain rice
1 tbsp sugar
3 & 1/2 cups of milk (use 1 tin evaporated and the balance in ordinary milk)
15g butter
nutmeg
Method:
Place rice in buttered dish. Add sugar & milk (just use the ordinary first,add evaporated a bit later) dot small pieces of butter over the top and sprinkle with grated nutmeg. Bake at 160 for 1 & 1/2 hours,stirring every 30 minutes. As it begins to thicken,stir in evaporated milk and continue cooking till creamy(I add extra milk if required) usually another 30 minutes or so.

hugh1, Apr 10, 2:58am
I also put a good desert full of custard powder into my rice pudding, makes it creamy i use lite blue milk aborio rice sugar and vanilla.