Coffee Grinders

cappucino1, Jan 2, 8:24am
Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced coffee grinder!Any to stay away from!

davidt4, Jan 2, 8:35am
The KitchenAid burr grinder is fantastic, but not the cheapest.

wron, Jan 2, 10:25pm
Go to a library and check out Consumer magazine reviews. From memory one very reasonably priced model beat some of the $600+ ones - can't remember the brand though - might have been Delongi!

davidt4, Jan 2, 10:47pm
Consumer rated the DeLonghi highly, but there were some comments from users about cleaning problems, e.g.
"While this grinder does supply a regulated grind resulting in great coffee it is terrible to clean! It allows old ground coffee to back up into impossible to reach corners which then drops back into the newly ground coffee after a time. This results in a rancid tasting cup of coffee."

"

magenta, Jan 3, 1:06am
My Breville Bar Aroma works OK.I am sure it does not compare with the really expensive ones. It is a burr grinder though and when on special at Briscoes is around $100.00. I find that some beans are better than others. It seems to do a good job on Karajoz and even better on Roasted Addiction beans.

nauru, Jan 3, 6:50am
I hve a Krups model, had it for over 30 years and it's still going strong.

cookessentials, Jan 3, 6:54am
Krups make great products, I have their ice cream maker. I dont have a sep coffee grinder, I have an internal burr grinder in our machine.

lodgelocum, Jan 3, 7:04am
Just bought a basic Sunbeam coffee grinder from Farmers for $45, a few days later Briscoes had them for $29.95!It may be cheap but works just as well as a more expensive one.

richard198, Jan 3, 7:56am
I use the Sunbeam Cafe series grinder and I'm 100% happy with it!

cookessentials, Jan 3, 8:03am
I wont touch Sunbeam anything,. Have had too many problems with their prooducts in the past.

kinna54, Jan 3, 8:17am
I have a breville, normal price at Farmers was $59, got it on special at Harvey Norman's for $29.
It is a beauty

seniorbones, Jan 3, 9:28am
I have a Mezza.same as a lot of the cafes and yes nearly as big! It holds 500gms of beans and is great not cheap though got it discounted 15% and still over $700.

cappucino1, Jan 3, 11:17pm
Thanks everyone, I shall have fun hunting one out!

dorisday, Jan 4, 7:01am
we bought a Bodum burr grinder last year and passed it on, now have a breville burr grinder from briscoes and it was about $90 down from $180 approx. I waited for the special, its just great and we are really please with it. (we have a presso hand coffee machine that likes a fine grind)