Hi cookessentials ~

Page 2 / 2
gerry64, Dec 30, 9:48pm
can I find you on facebook - would love the recipe please cookes

cookessentials, Dec 30, 10:02pm
Yes, you can just under our name. I can put the recipe up for you if you would like it.

gerry64, Dec 31, 6:01am
would love the recipe when you have a moment or two cookes

cookessentials, Dec 31, 6:04am
Sure, I did put it up on the facebook page,thinking you might look there, but I can put it here for you.

cookessentials, Dec 31, 6:08am
Have just taken this straight off the fb page.

Cookware Essentials

This is our recipe just to share. Orzo pasta looks a bit like rice for those of you whoo have not tried it. I buy the "Sproutman" baby spinach leaves at Moore wilson, they are quite small.around tsp to dessert spoon size.
We have this often as it s quick and easy to prepare when I am late home. I usually dont bother with the peas and i dont always add the snipped dill. I use the wood smoked salmon with the pepper/chilli on the top wich is a nice addition. You can buy the "sproutman" baby spinach leaves in a bag from most supermarkets. I also add more lemon zest for our taste.

1 cup orzo, cooked
1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked
1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
Grated rind 1 lemon
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups baby spinach leaves
200g hot-smoked salmon, broken into chunks

Place the orzo in a bowl and add the salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Fold through the peas, dill, lemon rind and parsley. Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice and gently toss everything together. Add the spinach and salmon and fold them through. Serve in bowls.

gerry64, Dec 31, 6:13am
cheers - I have some orzo that I wasnt sure what to do with - now I do!