Leftover Ham Recipes!

uli, Dec 27, 8:43pm
bump for the Xmas leftovers

fee1965, Dec 29, 2:48am
How do I use up the excess of xmas ham!Had toasties for lunch, ham salad for tea.any other suggestions!

thedocs, Dec 29, 3:31am
Im having corn fritters with Ham tonight

thewomble1, Dec 29, 8:30am
Ham steaks.

sooseque, Dec 30, 12:05am
I made a ham frittata and threw in leftover potato/asparagus as well as the usual onion, garlic, eggs, cream

ant_sonja, Dec 30, 1:46am
I'd use it up in breakfasts such as a fried egg/ham/mushroom/eggplant stack with a chargrilled Capsicum or tomato 'salsa' and aioli - or a creamy ham & mushroom pasta sauce! Can pre-make and freeze for later use. Ham, pineapple & cheese on the BBQ! Yum, we ate all ours, wish we had more :-)

minfo, Jan 2, 7:09am
Baked this tonight in a large sized baking dish, great way to use up our leftover ham. Delicious - tasty and good with white wine.
Easy peasy to make - thanks for the idea.
Cheers

kuaka, Jan 2, 8:09am
Maybe, but sense is often in short supply around Christmas time, also hams tend to be large rather than small, so buying a small one isn't always possible.Chicken is available year round so not considered a "special treat" for Christmas.

ralta, Jan 2, 8:20am
sometimes they are given as presents - incl by some business owners (to staff)

kuaka, Jan 2, 8:48am
and won at raffles

julie28, Dec 29, 9:19pm
Pizza

skye7, Dec 29, 9:31pm
Omelette
Ham and Egg Pie

granmum, Dec 30, 2:21am
boil up till just cooked cubed potatoe.s . tip into small to medium baking dish . cube leftover ham mix in with potatoes . get a pkt of Maggie bacon and onion soup mix & mix with one cup of milk . pour over potato and ham mix . grate tasty cheese over the top . sliced tomatoes around edge if liked cook in oven at 160 degrees celcius for around half an hour
CAN ALSO BE COOKED ON A LIDDED BBQ. ENJOY

lythande1, Dec 30, 4:19am
You can freeze it you know. Endless leftovers just makes everyone sick of it.
Freeze it and slice into ham steaks and freeze too.
Later you can use it again once everyone's forgotten about it.

uli, Dec 30, 4:44am
Why do people buy a huge ham if there will be so much leftovers!
Would a big chicken not make more sense!