How can i make boiled potatoes tastier!

Page 1 / 2
massey12, Dec 31, 11:45pm
Sprinkle them with Chicken salt once you've servred them on the plate.
You can buy it in a glass jar - it's a Masterfood product.

beaker59, Dec 31, 11:48pm
I thought that salt was only for chickens :)

fifie, Dec 31, 11:52pm
Add fresh mint when cooking, drain toss in sea salt and a good slug of butter yum.

nzmu, Jan 1, 1:21am
Cook them in your microwave, they seem to hold their firmness and taste better even without additional flavourings.

pickles7, Jan 1, 1:23am
Yep very nice, and with the skins on.yum

lyingnun, Jan 1, 3:01am
Mash them with butter or marg and milk until creamy. Add a finely chopped onion and top with grated cheese. Yum!

massey12, Jan 2, 2:56am
The best Fish and Chip shop in Raglan sprinkles it over their chips "beaker59" and they taste so good - like KFC chips. I asked them what they used and that's where I got the idea from.

norse_westie, Jan 2, 3:39am
I never peel potatoes for boiling but chop into quarters after a light scrub. Boil till just soft, drain. Drizzle good quality olive oil over, and generously sprinkle: smoked garlic salt, fresh ground pepper and ground cardamom. Or just throw in some finely crushed fresh garlic with the olive oil. My kids love their potatoes like this.

soph001, Jan 2, 3:59am
Pour some gravy into a dish. Discard Potatoes. Eat gravy with a spoon.

kime25, Dec 28, 11:37pm
have boiled some potatoes and they just look boring and 'same ol' .any ideas on how i can make them tastier.thanks

rainrain1, Dec 28, 11:40pm
garlic and parsley butter

kime25, Dec 28, 11:43pm
no parsley.but could just mix garlic and butter them.thanks

ant_sonja, Dec 28, 11:45pm
Make sure the cooking water is salted generously. I like to cook my potatoes whole, as in peeled but not cut up and also only use enough water to cover. Once cooked I strain the water and put back the potatoes back into hot pot with a good chunk of butter and leave to rest for a bit. add herbs, garlic, chopped chili or whatever you like before serving.

davidt4, Dec 28, 11:45pm
1.Garlic and parsley butter as above
2.Cut them into irregular chunks and fry in butter, olive oil or duck fat.Lots of salt and pepper.Parsley.
3.Butter and freshly grated Parmesan.
4.Make into a salad with homemade mayonnaise, chopped spring onions, hard boiled eggs, parsley.

letitia, Dec 28, 11:48pm
Boil in salted water with sprig or two of mint.Serve with butter and a good sprinkling of ground black pepper.

craig04, Dec 29, 12:07am
This!

ETA: if they're nice new potatoes, definitely scrub, not peel

donna_jo29, Dec 29, 12:10am
i use a electric blender, lots of butter milk and salt

tandi_4, Dec 29, 12:28am
butter and mint sauce yumm

buzzy110, Dec 29, 1:45am
You can also add fresh mint to the pot when you boil them.

donna_jo29, Dec 29, 3:32am
I hate scrubbed ones, and i peeled mine for xmas dinner. lol

lindylambchops1, Dec 29, 3:42am
Butter & freshly chopped mint when they are drained.

craig04, Dec 29, 3:57am
LOL, you heathen!

hoss46, Dec 29, 4:36am
I remember years ago serving them by draining then pouring a can of coconut cream over them.swill around in the pan and then serve.It was nice.Only trouble is I have picky eaters in the family and I'm the only one that likes coconut cream

petal1955, Dec 29, 6:32am
With garlic butter and sour cream and thyme.YUMMO !

maynard9, Dec 29, 7:05am
I never boil potatoes in the first place - always use my electric steamer.They are so much tastier you hardly need to add anything to them.
I put a few sprigs of freah mint in the trays while cooking.
After competion a few twists of the salt grinder and dash of butter - perfect.
Oh - and grow my own,.