Left over boiled

rainrain1, May 8, 5:12am
potatoes, not mashed. how to re-use them for tea tonight, don't want to make chips thanks. any nice ideas?

rainrain1, May 8, 5:41am
I'm supposing y'all chuck 'em out then

autumnwinds, May 8, 5:55am
mash them a bit, saute some finely chopped onions, then some bacon, add some chopped parsley, one lightly beaten egg, shape into patties and fry in 1/2 butter, 1/2 oil as hash patties. can add all sorts of things into them.

rainrain1, May 8, 6:19am
Nice idea. will do

wheelz, May 8, 6:58am
Sorry it's late. only just opened message board. but potato salad. depends alittle what the protein is.
Or scalloped potatoes , a lot quicker with already cooked spuds.

lilyfield, May 8, 7:00am
Roesti

twindizzy, May 8, 7:50am
duck fat - roast

spider47, May 8, 8:18am
Autumnwinds, that sounds amazing. I did potatoes grated, parboiled, drained and added grated cheese and finely chopped onion. Fried spoon fulls in a hot pan until crunchy. Delicious.

245sam, May 8, 8:58am
rainrain1, no way do I just "chuck 'em out". One of our favourites is when we have both leftover potatoes and leftover rice. I mash the potatoes and mix in the rice + milk, butter, seasoning - whatever seems necessary then either fry the mixture like bubble and squeak or if the oven's going, I put the mixture in a dish and heat it there until heated through and the top is crunchy. We enjoy the softness of the potato along with the crunchiness of the rice. :-))

fifie, May 9, 2:02am
Smashed Potatoes 2 ways.
1.Smash potatoes a little with potato masher in a basin, drizzle some oil over toss to coat. Spoon into heated toastie sammie maker. Sprinkle with paprika s/gr bl pepper, lid down and toast till brown and crispy.
2. For a lot of potatoes, smash down a little with potato masher. Heat up some butter,garlic powder, chicken stock powder, chopped parsley. Pour over the potatoes and toss well. Put in a dish lined with b paper, stick under the grill. Turn, then sprinkle top with grated cheese and paprika, grill till top is brown and nice and crunchy.

bella95, May 9, 6:19am
I roughly squash mine then add in finely chopped onion, garlic, rosemary, and a can of drained Tuna or Salmon. Mix and shape into patties. Dredge in flour then egg and breadcrumbs. Love them. In fact l usually cook extra potatoes just so l can make them.

nauru, May 9, 6:52am
Crush potatoes and put them onto a baking tray, spray with oil, sprinkle with herbs and or spices and reheat in the oven.

sarahb5, May 13, 4:30am
I like them sliced and fried or oven baked or you could cook up some cabbage and make bubble and squeak

http://www.bite.co.nz/recipe/15873/Bubble-and-squeak/

iriegirl, May 14, 2:07am
Make Romanov potatoes:o)

rainrain1, Jul 23, 9:54am
Yum yum, that sounds nice. a keeper thanks!