Every thing sticks in my scanpan commercial frypan

Page 3 / 3
rainrain1, Dec 29, 5:29am
I had one and gave it away.I read somewhere to line the pan with baking paper, but haven't tried it, so I don't know how that would work

gerry64, Jan 6, 10:00am
My pan that I started this thread about is a Scanpan CSX - I found the box the price at Meyers in Orange where I bought it was $259.00 - however I bought it when they had 35% off - so I dont know uli of this is what you class as cheap and inexpensive and so I and many others who have complained on other cooking sites should not be complaining I am not sure
However this afternoon I received an email from Julie at Scanpan customer services and she advises me that I should cut a piece of baking paper and put in the bottom of the pan before using it - so there you go

toadfish, Jan 6, 10:08am
Wow.Thats not a good advert is it. pay all that money for what you think is a good pan then have to rely on baking paper.
I brought a non stick frypan with a lifetime guarantee from a home show. about 10yrs ago. they have sent me 2 replacements so far. They told me it had a lifetime guarantee so I kept the docket somewhere safe and held them to their word.

bill241, Jan 6, 10:12am
Did you angle for a replacement or refund! Because I'd be a bit gutted to have spent all that money and have to rely on baking paper

gardie, Jan 6, 6:36pm
I'm not happy with my scanpan either - lifetime of non sticking - joke!Would never, ever buy another one.I do have a stainless steel electric frypan that goes in the dishwasher and it is fab.I may just have to go back to using it (the bulkiness annoys me though).

cookessentials, Jan 6, 7:01pm
Goes to show just how ignorant you are uli, Your WMF pans should not need seasoning. I sell the stuff and have done for a number of years.I DO know what I am talking about. We sell German Henkels pans at $380 a pop.believe me, they DONT need seasoning. If you had any understanding of cooking in a stainless steel pan, you would know all about how to use them. You would also know what a fond is. You cannot expect to use a stainless fry pan/skillet without oil. You donnt need alot, however, you need to pre-heat your pan and then add some oil. A small amount of oil added to a very hot pan almost instantly becomes very hot oil. The oil quickly sears the outside of the food and causes water to be released from the food. This layer of water vapour( steam)lifts the food on top the oil film and keeps it from touching the hot pan surface. If the oil is not hot enough, the steam effect will not occur and the food will fuse to the (too) cool pan surface. A good test of the quality of the Henckel pan is to add sugar to the hot pan and then wait for it to melt and lift it straight off. For those of you wantinng to use a non-stick pan.go for the infinite circulon, it is hard anodised, works beautifully, cleans up like a breeze. I have a few pieces of it and it's wonderful. I also have other good quality pans. For those of you who do not know what a "fond" is.it is the little bits of brown off your meat that give your foods flavour. You can use this to make great, flavourful sauces. If you wish, you can watch some youtube videos from Henckel on using their quality stainless pans that show how the food is cooked with out sticking. As for Scanpan, if it was me, I would return it.

cookessentials, Jan 6, 7:04pm
Oh, and for your info uli.WMF are made in China.

pickles7, Jan 6, 7:52pm
#55.Another put down, and sales pitch.

kay141, Jan 6, 8:01pm
No more than than a lot on here. I see mentions of various websites, usually selling things, books and other things for sale. Makes me wonder about commission.

pickles7, Jan 6, 8:09pm
My fry pan tells me, when to turn the food over. I heat the pan up real good, spray a little oil onto it, put the food in and turn as soon as the food will lift.
Is near to seasoning a pan as you can get,. uli.uses her pan in the same manor, what are you on about , cooks.
"list" your wares, like everyone else.

I for one, am very much over your efforts to put down all other cook ware other than what, you try and "sell".

pickles7, Jan 6, 8:18pm
If you go look, commission is not there for Trade me, customers are lured away to another web site.

knowsley, Jan 6, 8:23pm
I agree with this. Also have Circulon pans. My second set - had the first 13 years and still fine. I have had 2 Scanpan items (albeit the non stick variety) and both blistered. My brother has some Scanpan stainless steel items and regrets buying them.

cookessentials, Jan 6, 9:40pm
oh yes.where!

cookessentials, Jan 6, 9:41pm
what a load of rubbish. I have NEVER sold anything to anyone off a message boards, thank you. I dont need to advertise here, I am busy enough.

smileeah, Jan 6, 9:58pm
Live and let live people.

elliehen, Jan 7, 12:30am
pickles, pickles, pickles.you are such a silly moo to alienate so many good people.

kay141, Jan 7, 1:03am
I meant the posters getting commission, not Trademe. The same things seem to get recommended numerous times.