Electric Frypan cooking

samiamnz, Jan 7, 10:29pm
Hello anyone got some full-dinner recipes for electric frypan?We are away and only means of cooking for a week or so, Got the usual eggs, bacon, sausages. But what else?

margyr, Jan 7, 10:57pm
rissotto, stew, pancakes, roast, not recipes I know but ideas.

0800xford, Jan 7, 10:58pm
curry, casserole, stir fry, stew

harrislucinda, Jan 7, 11:32pm
myhotpotoil8sausages2 rashesbacon1spudchopped 1carrot1 onion1clovegarliccrushed1cupwater1/2tspbeefstock powder1/4tsptabasco sauceleavethisoutido1small canbakedbeansfewleavesparsleyfrysaucageswithoiltakeoutthencutuptocubesaddchoppedbaconandspudcarrotgarlicuntiltenderaddbeef andwaterputlidonandsimmer30min?thenaddbeansandparsley

cookessentials, Jan 7, 11:57pm
Yes, in my other life as a young newly married, we were building our first house and we basically lived in the two downstairs bedrooms and all I had to cook on was the old Zip electric fry pan. I did spaghetti bolognaise,casseroles ( which could be a bit hit and miss) Weiner schnitzel, that type of thing.

iriegirl, Jan 8, 12:55am
Jambalaya

2 large chicken breasts, diced
6 sausages, boiled, cooled and sliced, if I have it I use andouille or chorizo
3 diced ham steaks
½ t cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicy)
2 large white onions, diced
4-6 cloves of garlic, peeled & chopped
1 large green pepper, seeds removed & diced
1 C chopped celery
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 bay leaves
2 t Tabasco sauce
5 C chicken stock
1 C rice, I usually use short grain
1 C chopped spring onions, greens & whites
1/2 C finely chopped parsley
2 C either fresh or frozen shrimp

Heat a large pan with 2/3 T oil, I use the electric frying pan. Add chicken, sliced sausage, ham and cayenne. Brown everything then remove meats from pan and set aside. Don’t worry if you’ve got “bits” stuck to the pan, this is what adds to the flavour!
If you need to add a little more oil, then fry white onion and garlic for around 3 minutes, then add green pepper and celery, cook another 3 minutes before adding tomatoes, bay leaves, Tabasco and stock & rice. Once this has started cooking, use your wooden spoon to scrape all those stuck bits off the bottom off your pan. Cook at a low simmer for at least 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
If all your stock has been absorbed at this stage (you don’t want it too dry though) add the spring onions, parsley & shrimp, cook until shrimp is cooked or if you’re using frozen around 4 minutes.
Serve with extra Tabasco if you like a real kick!

You can omit any of the meats/seafood if you want, if you’re on a budget you can just make it with sausage! It’s a favourite among the kids, just cut back on the hot stuff! It’s also great the next day, that’s if there’s any left!

cgvl, Jan 8, 1:07am
roast meals the whole works

katje, Jan 22, 5:07pm
Jambalaya works well in one I make this less a few spices http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo7PPrwXCLo