Every thing sticks in my scanpan commercial frypan

Page 1 / 3
pickles7, Jan 2, 2:55am
.gerry64.I thought I would revisit this for you.
My fry pan tells me, when to turn the food over. I heat the pan up real good, spray a little oil onto it, put the food in and turn as soon as the food will lift.
The pan I use now weighs a ton, one of the best I have owned, for home use. Baccarat [classic] . It will withstand very high temperatures.

molly37, Jan 2, 2:58am
I also got fed up buying a new teflon electric pan each year, and so splashed out on a stainless one.disappointing, everythign sticks, great for moist dishes, but eggs etc are a no go. So I got a large Tefal to go on the stove as well. Perfect, Love it.

pickles7, Jan 2, 3:25am
That is not so good.molly37.Teflon, is ok so long as you do replace them when the Teflon starts to lift. So many people don't, makes me shudder. My son loves a little steel fry pan that requires mum to season it for him. He has been told!, do not wash it. As long as he doesn't wash it it works well for him.
You could try you s/st fry pan again, heat it up well, as I explained in my last post. Hope it works for you.

cookessentials, Jan 2, 3:33am
Cant see the base of these gerry64. Are they just one piece of moulded s/s! How heavy are they!

pickles7, Jan 2, 4:46am
bumping for .molly37 .

uli, Jan 2, 5:00am
All you have to do is season it.
I have several stainless and steel fry pans.
None of them stick at all!

molly37, Jan 2, 6:16am
I did season it to start with, but had forgotten it needed to be done more often. I will give it another go. thanks for the tip.

uli, Jan 2, 6:50am
Also once you HAVE seasoned it - wash it only under a hot tap.
Not never in the dish washer or with dish washing liquid!

angel404, Jan 2, 8:50am
nope, nothing. think the first time i used it i made spag bol, just just put bit of oil in bottom and added mince and onion! ive never "seasoned" it.

angel404, Jan 2, 8:51am
I only ever wash it my electric stainless frypan with hotwater and a natural dishwashing liquid from supermarket. never had any sticking probs here.

lythande1, Jan 2, 6:52pm
Stainless steels is best left for pots. With frypans get either cast iron and use it as you should, or a ceramic titanium non-stick - never the teflon type.

cookessentials, Jan 2, 9:01pm
You dontseason stainless steel pans. Cast Iron pans are the ones you season, to build up the carbon making the surface non-stick over time. I would also suggest that perhaps you are cooking at a too high a heat. You will need to use some oil as well and never pplace meats directly out of the fridge into a hot stainless pan, they will automatically stick. A good quality pan will not stick, however, be prepared to pay a premium for an excellent quality pan. A poor quality s/s pan will develop hot spots. You want a good weight pan and one with an encapsulated base which is a thick,heavy base encapsulating a core of aluminium ( which is a great conductor of heat) this based pans will not give you the same results.

uli, Jan 2, 9:34pm
Believe me I DO season my stainless WMF pan - just as I would do my steel ones.

I never use cast iron - steel is far superior, lighter on the wrist for omelettes and crepes and never sticks.

So give it go with your scanpan before you throw it out! It might work.

cookessentials, Jan 5, 6:30pm
YOU may do so, but you dont season stainless steel. A good quality stainless steel pan with a good, heavy weight encapsulated base wont stick.

pickles7, Jan 5, 9:14pm
Did you sell .gerry64. the fry pan!

gerry64, Jan 5, 9:18pm
If you had taken the time to read the thread pickles you would have read that i bought the pan from Meyer in Orange actually - I live in Bathurst- soyour targeting cookessentials has made you look rather stupid

cookessentials, Jan 5, 9:24pm
No I didn't pickles7. I dont sell Scanpan, for obvious reasons.

cookessentials, Jan 5, 9:25pm
Oh, thats par for the course gerry.it's called envy.

pickles7, Jan 5, 10:08pm
You two, have just confirmed my Hunch.
I read your profile ages ago.gerry64.

davidt4, Jan 5, 10:33pm
I'm baffled by your frequent references to envy.What is it exactly that you are envious of!Or do you believe that other people are envious of you!Why would they be!

gerry64, Jan 5, 11:04pm
Would love to explore your hunch pickles - I have no idea who cookesentials is or what the name of her business is - I have often asked for recipes or hints and she has obliged as had davidt4 - I am sadly lacking in my cookery skills and have found this MBvery handy - I have no idea why you resurrected this thread pickles - I have contacted Scanpan and am hoping for a reply
David could you maybe tell me why pickles would have a hunch about me -does she have the same hunch about you and me as I have several recipes you have given me- I am starting to feel real special!

davidt4, Jan 5, 11:48pm
No idea I'm afraid.Perhaps pickles can explain.

cookessentials, Jan 5, 11:53pm
By the looks of it, you would have to ask pickles7 that one, I'm afraid.

uli, Jan 6, 5:31am
That is right seasoned stainless will not stick - however I am not sure why you keep saying: "but you dont season stainless steel" - because personally I DO and lots of others DO so too .

So just learn something new each day and stop saying: "but you dont season stainless steel" . because lots of us DO!

AND it works!

cookessentials, Jan 6, 5:48am
Well, thats just wonderful for you. If you understood how stainless steel pans work ( good quality ones) you would then understand, however, there are some people who dont have this understanding and I am not going to bother as you would argue black was white. I shall leave it up to you as you seem to think you have all the answers. Good luck tothe OP.