Who got new cookbooks for Christmas

Page 1 / 3
tommydog, Dec 26, 1:37am
Who got a cookbook for a chrissie present I was spoilt and got the Best of Bill Granger and Donna Hay A Cooks Guide.But after all that cooking in the last two days I can't be bothered doing any today. Having a very lazy day.

craig04, Dec 26, 2:32am
No cookbooks for me - but my lovely Miss 6 got the Donna Hay childrens cookbook, some cookie cutters, a piping set/utensils and a funky apron from her Nanna in Oz. Talk about an excited little girl! I foresee many happy and messy hours in the kitchen ahead

cookessentials, Dec 26, 2:45am
I bought myself one through one of the reps.I ordered it a few months back and it turned up before Christmas which was great. It's Called "Mourad New Morrocan" by Mourad Lahlou. It is a fabulous book and there are a few recipes I am lookimg forward to making like "Beghrir" which is ike a cross between a pancake and a crumpet and also rghaif which is a filled usually eith savoury fillings such as goat chees, pine nut and meyer lemon zest. The beghrir have a filling of almonds, rosewater and cinnamon and drizzled with melted butter and honey. I did get two books fro Christmas,but neither of them were cook books. I got Joanna Lumley's "Absolutley" biography and another great coffee table book on Tuscany called "dreaming Of Tuscany" ( although, I did notice there are a few recipes in that one,along with beautiful photographs of the Tuscan countryside.

lulu239, Dec 26, 3:26am
My daughter gave me Simon Gault's book Nourish (autographed no less!). Oh my gosh - it's scary! I have got to try the easiest one first before I launch into some the others. I think I have some studying to do

dbab, Dec 26, 3:47am
I got Annabel Langbein's Free Range in the City to go with her other one from the TV series. Looking forward to some time to look through it.

falcon-hell, Dec 26, 3:49am
i bought myself jo seagars cook school recipes here on xmas eve,so will be rapt when it arrives.

grouch, Dec 26, 3:53am
Is the Annabel Langbein Free Range in the City book good!

sarahb5, Dec 26, 4:12am
Me!I got Nigella's Christmas - lovely recipes but also lots of background on the recipes too so good for reading as well as cooking.

southerngurl, Dec 26, 6:10am
I got Free Range in the City, and Jamie's Ministry of Food. and I bought me4 Ingredients Christmas by Kim McCosker

sunshine78, Dec 26, 6:55am
Not as good as he prev one, but that's just my opinion

holly-rocks, Dec 26, 7:22am
I gotFree Range in the City also and think its better than her other free range one. Better set out.

Does anyone know if shes doing another TV series! :)

lyl_guy, Dec 26, 7:27am
It is.I've made the zucchini fritters a few times. including tonight. they are Beautiful!

fabrics1, Dec 26, 7:34am
I got " Four Ingredients Christmas " its very nicely illustrated & there seems to be a few easy recipes.

uli, Dec 26, 8:27am
I hope you like them :)
Let us know when you cook some of it.

kallista, Dec 26, 10:25am
Free Range in the City and Allyson Gofton's Country Calendar one - can't wait to get cooking!

gardie, Dec 26, 5:29pm
I would have to agree.I got it from the library to perfuse first and there was really nothing in it that I thought I'd like to try.I told Hubby not to get it for me.I love her other book though.

rainbowpride, Dec 26, 6:34pm
ooh ooh I got 3 I was so excited.I got Masterchef the first one then I got the latest Donna Hay one and then I got the Womans Weekly Classic Collection which is 2 books one with classic cakes and the other with cupcakes.I am in love.

spotswood, Dec 27, 12:46am
I wanted to buy Alison Gofton or else it was Julie Busio Desserts cookbook but had already sold out a few weeks ago!Hopefully there will be a reprint!

samboy, Dec 27, 5:57am
got Free Range in the City as well, already have the other one.Really good and easy pasta recipe on page 92.I think they are both good books

kate777, Dec 27, 7:11am
Jo Seagar's Italia.

I'm not a Jo Seagar fan but the book and the recipes look fantastic so I'm looking forward to cooking some of them.

tipsy_bl0nde, Dec 27, 7:20am
I got the free range in the city :) for my birthday present (23rd) but got it today so does that count :)

coreblimey, Dec 27, 9:05am
I got the Jamie Oliver 30 min meals and also an Annabelle Langbein one (something about quick easy meals).They are both lovely books with great recipes.

seniorbones, Dec 27, 9:38am
fabulous.I bought it for myself not long after it came out and use it and love it. Would recommend it and hope she brings out a series like she did with the other free range book.

babytears, Dec 27, 6:22pm
Donna Hay, Annabel Langbein and Julie (master chef winner - sorry sitting upstairs - can't be bothered running up to get it right now) lol. I'm happy!

cookessentials, Dec 27, 6:31pm
Goodwin!