How do i roast beetroot !

teddy147, Dec 22, 9:23pm
i want to make a roasted beetroot salad with walnuts and feta, but not sure how to roast the beetroot TIA

lodgelocum, Dec 22, 9:29pm
Wrap in tinfoil whole and just roast, same as a baked potato, around 180c for probably 40-50 minutes until soft.

rainrain1, Dec 22, 9:50pm
from annabel langbein book
4 to 5 medium beetroot, peel, cut into wedges, line pan with baking paper, sprinkle beetroot with 2tblsp extra virgin oil, 1 tblsp brown sugar, and 1 tblsp balsamic, salt and ground black pepper.Roast 40-45 minutes till tender and starting to shrivel.

teddy147, Dec 22, 10:14pm
thankyou so much and merry christmas to all

sunshine78, Dec 23, 6:20am
You could just get a tin of baby beets. Chop into chunks and throw into frypan with some balsamic. This is what I do and serve with feta, pine nuts etc and tastes great.

neville106, Dec 23, 8:44am
whywould youroastbeetroot !

scarlettnz, Dec 23, 9:09am
I just chop the beetroot into chunks (after peeling it first).Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar to a baking dish, shake to cover the beetroot and roast until cooked (45ish minutes).Add chopped feta cheese and toasted pine nuts.

Yum - tis one of my favorite salads ever.

fisher, Dec 23, 12:01pm
Just scrub the outsides and put into a small roasting dish WHOLE. little bit of ground rock salt and pepper and balsamic vinegar over. put the large ones in first and then 15 mins later put in the smaller ones.turn over.will be done when knife just pierces through large one.

rainrain1, Dec 23, 5:57pm
Beets me:-)))

bigsneak, Dec 23, 5:59pm
its wonderful you should try it one of my favourites

gardie, Dec 23, 6:00pm
Because its the nicest way to eat it!Those that haven't tried it that way really should give it a go.

sathan81, Dec 23, 9:28pm
mmmmmmmmmmmm roast beetroot

my most favourite roast vege

seniorbones, Dec 24, 2:11am
Because its so much nicer than boiling, I roast with other veges and garlic, or wrap in foil with lemon thyme and a little water and cook in oven, its more steaming but delish.

teddy147, Dec 24, 3:32am
because i dont like beetroot boiled so DH and I thought we would try it roasted.