Most Googled food in NZ this year

uli, Dec 19, 4:46am
Google have just released the list of the top ten foods searched for in NZ this year:
On place 1 - The Double Down burger.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm!c_id=6&objectid=10773644

davidt4, Dec 19, 5:21am
# 2 Red Velvet Cupcakes.Good Lord, how dispiriting.Have they featured on a television show!

nfh1, Dec 19, 5:23am
Number one is food!

elliehen, Dec 19, 5:53am
Could be just curious people like me Googling to find out what on earth they are.I would have no idea what either of those are without a search.

Doesn't mean I want to eat either of them when I have found out.and now that I know, I don't ;)

iman007, Dec 19, 5:59am
see, i would have thought pork belly, every restaurant you go to seems to do it. Agree on choc browny cake, my family and friends love my version.

uli, Dec 19, 6:26am
Well I would rather eat a The Double Down burger than the Velvet cupcakes :)

nfh1, Dec 19, 6:48am
Still thinking about that one!

craig04, Dec 19, 6:53am
I think I've googled both red velvet cake and macaroons this year myself - the red velvet cake to find out what the hell it was and the macaroons to finda good recipe

elliehen, Dec 19, 10:44am
Had to smile at #3 :)

3. Pizza:

This delicious Italian fastfood favourite is a search staple. Kiwis are tracking down their closest pizza joint, checking out menu options and looking for toppings they can try out at home. It's also likely that an interest in healthier and gluten-free base options has fuelled some traffic. McMahon, author of the blog, Made From Scratch, says a return to home cooking has prompted people to try and whip up their culinary favourites.

uli, Dec 19, 11:18pm
Better not say anything to that one ellie :)