Chch - uncooked croissants

guardy, Dec 15, 9:44pm
Anyone know if the Asian supermarket from behind Briscoes on Salisbury St has gone!Or anywhere else that you can buy uncooked croissants in Chch!

sarn10, Dec 15, 9:55pm
I know that our New world supermarket has them in the north island, maybe your New World in Ch Ch has them too.

guardy, Dec 15, 9:57pm
cheers for that.We have a NW just up the road so might check them out today.

buzzy110, Dec 15, 9:58pm
Look in the freezer section of your P-n-S. All of ours have a range of croissants.

sarahb5, Dec 15, 10:01pm
They are delicious and they're the same croissants they actually cook instore

sarn10, Dec 15, 10:14pm
If you have trouble they are made by "pastryhouse" a NZ Firm and distributed through Bidvest and also Servicefoods in Christchurch, both of these businesses then onsell them to the supermarkets etc.You could try ringing one of these 2 and ask whom they supply to.Good luck.

buzzy110, Dec 15, 10:17pm
Yep. Absolutely delicious. But then why wouldn't anything with hardened palm oil, soy flour, flavour enhancers, mineral salts and preservatives on their ingredients list not be delicious! Those are tastes we have all come to know and love.

lilyfield, Dec 15, 10:28pm
lol buzzy- my sentiments

245sam, Dec 15, 10:33pm
The Salisbury Street Briscoes store has definitely been demolished and the last time (about a week ago) the Asian Warehouse was still standing but is not able to operate - have a look at:-

http://www.asianfoodwarehouse.co.nz/

sarahb5, Dec 15, 10:39pm
Which is why I buy mine from a French patisserie instead .

bluecalico, Dec 15, 10:52pm
The Asian warehouse is not there.National Library gone.Briscoes Salisbury Street.completely clear site now. I saw some for $9.99 in a freezer somewhere but can't remember where sorry.

kirstyd, Dec 15, 11:34pm
My MIL put me onto them and since then every year we have crossiants for xmas morning.
She found that you can still buy from them but at their factory store, or they also deliver.
$17 for a dozen crossiants. I have MIL bringing some down tomorrow. Can't wait.

245sam, Dec 16, 12:13am
The link I posted at#9 has very helpful info' that includes the contact details along with payment and delivery info' for the Asian Warehouse while they operate from their wholesale division "Service Foods Ltd" located at 220 Cumnor Tce, Woolston - my DH was there a few months ago and received excellent service.:-))

guardy, Dec 16, 6:40am
Awesome. Thanks for all the info.We never normally have them either but a special brunch treat for xmas morning.YUM!