Carb FAIL

Page 7 / 7
hestia, Dec 19, 6:31am
Yes, after glycogen stores have been filled, then excess glucose can be stored as fat.

uli, Dec 19, 6:35am
And for most people sitting all day that would probably start straight after their high carb breakfast or latest after morning tea.

hestia, Dec 19, 6:37am
Carbohydrates can be used to produced fat, however the opposite does not happen - fat cannot be used to synthesize carbohydrates.

uli, Dec 19, 6:38am
Those "rare circumstances" is what any desk occupier will find happens after one or two high carb meals - breakfast and morning tea usually. Both of which consist of carbs with carbs and carbs - except if you have bacon and eggs or yoghurt and berries (unsweetened).

uli, Dec 19, 6:41am
I know that - try and explain it to knowsley LOL :)

He seems not even to understand that pigs and humans are so closely related that pig organs are used in transplants to humans . although I consider it a very scary practice and understand that it is still forbidden in quite a few countries. I wouldn't want to be the one breeding exciting new viruses after a transplant.

accroul, Dec 19, 7:10am
Maybe, but I'd be hungry again far sooner after eating the same calories if I chose the cake.

knowsley, Dec 19, 7:20am
What I do understand, very well, is that you have no real knowledge of nutrition. You seem to be quite confused as well - when did I mention anything about pigs!

I never said that carbs cannot be converted to fats - in fact I said "under rare circumstances, they can be converted and stored as fat". You're reading comprehension is on par with Buzzys - almost non-existent. It must be a low carb thing.

If you actually put down those romance novels and stuck your head into a science-y book, you'd probably learn a bit an be embarrassed about the things you write on here.

knowsley, Dec 19, 7:21am
There is no guarantee of that. There are a lot of people that get hungry on Atkins as well.

knowsley, Dec 19, 7:22am
No, wrong again. Your guesses aren't even close.

accroul, Dec 19, 7:45am
People can get hungry on any diet! People even get hungry when they're not on a diet! I got hungry on low fat diets. I still get hungry on LC - only it takes far longer.

timturtle, Dec 19, 10:01am
Well not sure what response you wanted olivergrant BUT pretty sure you weren't expecting this. How are you going now !

elliehen, Dec 19, 10:03am
Now there's an honest post :)

uli, Dec 21, 7:23am
oliver grant - come back and talk to us LOL :)
How are you doing!

accroul, Dec 21, 8:13pm
Why would olivergrant WANT to come back after those pages of diatribe!

buzzy110, Dec 22, 3:32am
I like olivergrant. She has a sense of humour and pretends not to know what foods are protein foods. I'm sure she started this thread so we could blow off some steam before Christmas.

Have a good one everybody and enjoy whatever foods you choose to consume on the annual day of gluttony and over indulgence - not mine you understand, but certainly for most.