OMG - carb delight - the Cherpumple!

Page 1 / 2
bedazzledjewels, Nov 6, 7:26pm
“Days later, the 47-year-old Los Angeles resident created a "cherpumple," a three-layer cake with an entire pie baked into each layer—a cherry pie baked inside a white cake, a pumpkin pie baked inside a yellow cake and an apple pie baked inside a spice cake. He stacked the layers and sealed them with a coat of cream-cheese frosting.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp4yWTLIPaE

dalbyj, Nov 6, 10:50pm
wow ... sounds like the carb version of the turducken!

bedazzledjewels, Nov 6, 11:24pm
That could be the first course!

elliehen, Nov 7, 3:32am
How about creating a cauliflower pavlova on youtube?

bedazzledjewels, Nov 7, 3:37am
With a base of lolly cake maybe?!

rosathemad, Nov 7, 4:08am
Ewww... I have made cake pie (chocolate cake baked inside sweet pastry) but this is a new extreme. Not sure even my sweet tooth would accept that.

Ellie, cauliflower pavlova actually doesn't sound that bad... If it wasn't sweet. Could be like a big souffle. ;-)

elliehen, Nov 7, 5:17am
I'll watch this space ;)

bedazzledjewels, Nov 7, 7:03am
Should be fun Ellie - if somewhat disgusting.

Sure you could fit some tofu in there too.

What amuses me about that video is the difficulty he has cutting a slice out of this ghastly creation.

accroul, Nov 7, 7:55am
What amuses me is that he couldn't even get his own name right!

Nevermind that he had to use all prepackaged mixes & readymade pies.

cookessentials, Nov 10, 3:12am
Quote Helen: "Taking a risk posting this on TM Prue - you'll get people asking you for the recipe."

Quote carla "Looks like nobody dared to answer her LOL"

Quote Prue: "Yep, one reply!

Now what would you put in a NZ version of this I wonder?

It would HAVE to involve sweetened condensed milk somewhere!"

So glad you find those in recipes so amusing

davidt4, Nov 10, 3:27am
We're a cheery lot over on the dark site.

bedazzledjewels, Nov 10, 3:41am
Seriously - it would have to involve sc milk, especially if it included lolly cake or kiwi crisps, both of which have sc milk in them!

So pleased you've been reading our website Cooks!

cookessentials, Nov 10, 3:59am
no I have not been reading it, but did notice the jibe.
Nothing wrong with cheery, just not behind peoples backs. Smacks of being a little two faced dont you think?

bopeep80, Nov 10, 5:12am
Note to Self: Must stop being cheery behind peoples backs, on account of people needing two faces to see my cheery face.

greerg, Nov 10, 5:23am
As long as it's on another site ... So much better than sniping at every sweet recipe on here, especially coming up to Christmas when lots of our minds are turning to sweet treats.

accroul, Nov 10, 5:49am
Even LC'ers can think of sweet treats...
in the last 2 weeks I've baked 3 fruit cakes a chocolate cake, 180 or so biscuits, an apricot & ginger fudge slice, and made a big batch of coconut ice. Before the weekend's out, there'll be at least another 120 biscuits, a tray of chocolate fudge, dozens of truffles and a big batch of 'Honey Balls' (popped corn & rice bubbles mixed with tiny marshmallows bound together with the stuff that you use to make honey bubble cake). The key to being LC and doing this is not eating it!

bedazzledjewels, Nov 10, 6:03am
Ain't that true Accroul - and the other secret is to have a laugh!
Gosh, are you baking for a school fair? I had a visdtor yesterday who asked for some sugar for his tea and I couldn't find any! Will have to restock for the Christmas pud.

accroul, Nov 10, 6:11am
Kindy cake stall Dazz. I got called Betty Crocker the other day! - only I make my stuff from scratch instead of a box.

elliehen, Nov 10, 10:13am
It's obvious that some of the Dark-siders are missing the blood sport they used to have over here :)

deus701, Nov 10, 11:17am
lol its hilarious! he was a born presenter..great voice!

indy95, Nov 10, 9:40pm
Aha ! So that's where I've been going wrong ! Not eating it.....oh, darn it. You certainly made a very generous contribution to the kindy stall, accroul.

elliehen, Nov 10, 10:21pm
accroul, that doesn't sound very socially responsible.Poisoning all the kindy kids with food you don't believe is good for them ;)

bedazzledjewels, Nov 10, 10:22pm
Lol Ellie - you're in sparkling form today!

She could have made her version of the Cherpumple and it might have saved her some time.

visionspring, Nov 10, 11:47pm
Oh my god, I so have to try making this sometime in my life.....Theres more links on the side and I found the deep fried cheesecake entertaining as well! ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42oUVwyFsZI&feature=related HOW MUCH SUGAR CAN YOU POSSIBLY LOAD ONTO A DESSERT??

Paula deen is so cute :P

davidt4, Nov 11, 12:10am
I think she's serious isn't she ? (although the accent sounds slightly off).Whereas the Cherpumple man is a satirist.