Salmon recipes

mopsy80, Dec 6, 5:04am
Hi, I am looking for some ideas on toppings/marinades/flavours to use on a large piece of salmon to serve at christmas.

kassie48, Dec 6, 6:17am
Have you checked out lefthand message board! Under keyword put salmon then under date posted put last year.

buzzy110, Dec 6, 6:24am
I usually make a pesto type mix with lots of lovely fresh herbs, olive oil, lemon juice, pinenuts and a small onion, which I spread all over the top then add a few thin slices of Lisbon lemon. I get a large piece of tinfoil or baking paper and lie it flat on the bench. Onto that I layer onion rings and lemon slices and lay the salmon on top and wrap. With tinfoil it is easy to make a "packet" but harder with baking paper - I have to use papered twistie ties and tricky folding to make a 'gusset down the top. However, I prefer paper.

I don't serve the bottom layer of onion rings and lemon. Don't forget to season your fish.

wizardoo, Dec 6, 6:27pm
Along the same lines I would like cold smoked salmon ones for a starter.

griffo4, Dec 6, 7:44pm
x1
Here is a recipe from Mrs Easy Peasy (Jo Seagar) and it is very nice hope that helps

Baked Salmon Fillets With A Lemon Chive Sauce
Ingredients
Lemon Chive Sauce
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup thick mayonnaise (Best Foods or homemade thick real mayonnaise)
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
juice and grated rind of a lemon
1 teaspoon dijon style smooth mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Salmon
4 salmon fillets skin on but carefully remove any bones
(I find tweezers work well for this task)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method
Sauce:

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl - season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate (can be prepared one day ahead).

Salmon: Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking sheet with tinfoil - spray with non stick olive oil spray. Arrange salmon on foil - also spray the salmon fillets with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake until just cooked through - about 15 minutes. Transfer to serving plates and serve the sauce alongside.

Garnish with chives and fresh chive flowers - these are completely edible and add a snazzy splash of colour and texture.