Breville BFP650 Ikon food processor

infinityjrc, Dec 5, 8:57am
Hi there has anyone bought this model Breville food processor 1000 watt model and how did you find it!Seriously looking to buy it and wanted an unbiased opinion of how it operates since you can't try any of these models if anyone knows whether or not consumer has tested it and what the verdict was if they have I would be very interested. Keen to have a food processor again, athritus is making hand mixing very hard.
Thanks you for any help you can give me with this model.

malcovy, Dec 5, 7:54pm
I was given Breville Icon for Christmas one year and it cost my partner a lot of money and I much prefer my $10 Braun food processor from a garage sale years ago.I would never tell him this as he knew I wanted a new one as the Braun one only came with the cutting blade and I couldn't source any other parts.I don't recommend Icon.

malcovy, Dec 5, 11:37pm
I just reread my post and I was no help at all was I.
I do not like the Icon, it's very heavy and when you grate food not all gets grated as there is a space between the grater attachment and the lid where you push food in (hope that makes sense).The metal blade does not cut up foods as fine as I would like and the blade is horrible to wash, you have to be very careful as there is four blades instead of two, very easy to cut yourself.
I have never bought Breville, my partner has for me for gifts and I have not been impressed with the quality.I really am not a fan of Breville as I won a cake mixer years ago and just after the warranty ran out the thing fell apart.I never mention that I need a new appliance anymore :-) I love receiving practical gifts though.Maybe I will hint for a specific item next time.

infinityjrc, Dec 6, 9:00am
Thanks for your post malcovy, your partner cant help but get it wrong if you don't spell out what you want, if you are like me though with this gig you dont know. the best food processor that I have ever had was an old Ralta kitchen wizz, the really small one and i found that fantastic i bought a Magimix and found it awful, so i thoughtperhaps the new Breville may be the ticket, it's really hard when you cant try them, thanks for your wisdom, I need to buy something but not quite sure what brand is best.any more help is gratefully accepted.

fifie, Dec 6, 8:54pm
Have a brevilleone smaller than the one you are looking at and don't like it, mainly because have bad hands with arthritis, and i find it hard to clean right up inside one of the blades. Best i ever had was a toshiba, got years of use out of it. Try the library for consumer mags to get their ratings, may help you decide, or for $10 you can find out here. http://www.consumer.org.nz/products/Food-processors/Breville-Kitchen-Wizz-BFP650/41150

wron, Dec 7, 9:41am
Infinity, what didn't you like about the Magimix! Which model was it!

infinityjrc, Dec 10, 6:42am
It was the cheaper model around $399; I found it had no gutz.it wasnt even good chopping nuts, given the only other food processor that i have had was a raltz kitchen wizz years old I expected the magimix to clean it up, but i found the blades turned but didnt chop as i expected, the ralta used to 'engage' with the food and have things done in no time flat, but the magimix was still going trying to blend up dates.etcI was disgusted with it, maybe the 500 series magimix is ok but the 300 series one was in my opinion mediocre and not worth the money. I also did not like the way the bowl engaged on the mixer had to almost wedge it in place to get it to work, whereas the old ralta was quick and never fiddley like that.I am now not sure what to go with last think you want to do is buy a lemon.