Christmas day menu! Does this sound ok!

Page 2 / 2
seniorbones, Dec 5, 8:27am
I dont think I could have christmas dinner without fresh peas or beans, Also cumberland sauce is beautiful with ham if you would like the recipe I can post.I hope you have help to do all this its a lot for you to do! sounds delish. I also have a kumera dish cooked with maple syrup that we always have with christmas dinner. I think this year will be ham and turkey, we usually have lamb but time for a change.

seniorbones, Dec 5, 8:30am
Do youor know someone that has a lidded or a kettle bbq I have done glazed ham in it before and cooked a turkey!

trio, Dec 5, 3:00pm
Fresh asparagus every time. Nuked in seconds at last minute ,. any leftovers can be used in salads etc

tipsy_bl0nde, Dec 5, 6:21pm
seniorbones i am on my own this year on this but i can prep everything the day before so i have a realistic time schedule to keep to, To make sure everything gets done and not forgotten. I have a hooded BBQ never heard of it done on the BBQ before

tipsy_bl0nde, Dec 5, 6:29pm
These are my salad recipes.

Rice Salad
:) Part cooked rice (soft but with a slight crunch). Chopped finely,, capsicum, onion, dried apricots, cashews, spring onion. Mixed through the rice. To make the dressing mix mayonaise and currypowder with some mustard to make a devilled eggs mix and stir through the rice so that its not gloopy but all the rice is colored :)

Pasta salad
Cooked pasta til tender cook some sweetcorn and peas and stir through the pasta. Either bag over night or allow to cool in the fridge for a while and then stir through a container of eta mayonaise. (must be eta) Sooo sooo simple but when we make this for BBQ's or family gatherings everyone comments on how wonderful it is and then i tell them the ingredients and they are super surprised.

245sam, Dec 7, 6:17am
bumped for macwood2 - see#19:-))

beastie3, Dec 7, 6:30am
YEEAhhh! Great Kiwi tradition with Xmas dinner!

macwood2, Dec 8, 5:52am
many thanks 245sam.You are always so reliable.

fairview25, Dec 8, 6:32am
what abut fresh fruit. add cherries to that list www.cherriesonline.co.nz

valentino, Dec 8, 7:14am
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Te-
mp\Rar$EX03.782\TMC-V2\The Great Kiwi BBQ Thread\Hooded BBQ Recipes. 001.htm

valentino, Dec 9, 7:14am
http://www.e-ware.co.nz/downloads.htm Go to this link then at the bottom of page one will see TMC Ver 2, click onto this and then open further for BBQ thread, in this is Hooded BBQ and a recipe for ham is given, best to have knobs at about 3/4 mark and bake twice the time. Just copied it and pasted ;

BBQ Orange and Mustard Glazed Ham Serves 10 - 12
Ingredients

100% New Zealand Pork Cooked Half Ham on the Bone
2 medium oranges, finely sliced
12-15 whole cloves
1/2 cup Chelsea Golden Syrup
1 Tblsp dijon mustard
Method

1. Carefully run your fingers under the skin of the ham and lift it away. Do this slowly so that you finish with a smooth layer of fat. Place on a rack in a foil lined baking tray.

2. Arrange overlapping layers of orange slices over the ham, securing each orange slice with a whole clove and a few toothpicks.

3. Mix together Chelsea Golden Syrup and dijon mustard, brush the orange covered ham liberally with glaze. Pour 2 cups water around the ham.

4. Preheat lidded barbecue to 200°C, place ham tray in the centre of the barbecue. Cover and return to temperature, this usually takes about 15 minutes. Turn off the two inside burners and leave the two burners on and cook at 200°C for 45 minutes to glaze ham. Alternatively, cook for a further hour or until hot through to the bone. Serve the ham hot or cold. Note: BBQ's do vary greatly so times may differ.
I do this at about 170C for 90 minutes rather than 45 minutes full on.

Oven Baking Method

Bake in the oven at 180°C for 30-45 minutes, brushing with glaze every 10-15 minutes. To serve hot, bake at 160°C, allowing 20 minutes per kilogram, brushing with glaze every 15 minutes until it has all been used.

Prep time: 20 minutes

Cook time: 45 minutes

http://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/recipe_default.aspx!r
ecipeid=681