Coffee

connor2003, Nov 30, 10:58pm
What do you do with hardened coffee!

lilyfield, Nov 30, 11:59pm
instant! chop a bit of -it will dissolve anyway but needs stirring.

sconz1, Dec 1, 12:58am
Bake a coffee cake

fugazi71, Dec 1, 2:34am
Could you put it in the kitchen whizz and blitz it!

sarahb5, Dec 1, 3:00am
If it's instant I'd just chuck it out - if it's gone hard it's probably well past it's best

connor2003, Dec 1, 3:46am
Thanks for these ideas, and yes it was instant and had gone hard but now need to get it out of pottery container.So will have to melt it with water.

lilyfield, Dec 1, 6:09am
example of our throw away society

kuaka, Dec 1, 6:27am
If it's instant and in a pottery container, my guess is that it went hard because the container isn't airtight and really not suitable for storing coffee.

southerngurl, Dec 1, 8:13am
Id chip away at it anyway,. its still good. just use a little bit more :D

sarahb5, Dec 1, 8:47am
What do you do with food that's past its use by date then!

connor2003, Dec 2, 4:30am
I've decided that with the coffee being hard, I've been putting water on it and it looks like coffee essence you used to buy, so will use it that way.

connor2003, Dec 2, 4:31am
Food that's past its used by date - if it's sealed I still use it, and I've been using pasta that was meant to have retired 2 years ago.Still tastes ok.

rainrain1, Dec 2, 4:44am
I would disslove it with hot water and tip it down the gurgler without any hesitation.

kuaka, Dec 2, 7:56am
So would I 'cos the flavour will have deteriorated

sarahb5, Dec 2, 8:38am
Which is what I said .

rainrain1, Dec 2, 5:19pm
exactly!

sarahb5, Dec 2, 10:54pm
But it's wrong, and wasteful and apparently we should be ashamed of ourselves (regardless of the fact that I only store buy freeze dried instant coffee so it doesn't go solid anyway thus avoiding any possibility of waste .)