Meatloaf

toeblister, Nov 29, 6:43am
I have made a fabulous meatloaf (friend's recipe) for I believe the last 30 years.Today I was thinking time I tried a new one. lol. Here's the thing alot of recipes I look at they don't add 'sausage meat'.Can anyone tell me why!I could only come up with the sausage meat may make it go further.I would appreciate your opinions :)

mss2006, Nov 29, 7:05am
Sausage meat makes a good binder for meat loaf.I add coffee to mine.Also raw veges (carrot, courgette etc)put through the food possessor and added to the raw loaf prior to cooking give it a light texture.Very nice.

motorbo, Nov 29, 7:25am
ive never used sausage meat.always my mums old recipe

gardie, Nov 29, 7:46am
I like the texture that sausage meat gives a meat loaf.Mince alone makes a 'crumblier' meatloaf - I find the sausage meat makes it finer.Edited to add:maybe people think mince is healthier than sausage meat!

sarahb5, Nov 29, 8:39am
Mine doesn't have sausage meat in it but it does have cheese, yoghurt, capsicum, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic and chilli.It tastes great and I really don't care whether it holds together so I can cut nice neat and tidy slices or not - the flavour is what's most important

sleyle, Nov 29, 9:25pm
Can you post your recipe please sarah!

sarahb5, Nov 29, 10:26pm
Will do but you'll have to wait until I get home

asue, Nov 29, 10:59pm
I used an old one of my mum's in the weekend. (the one with coffee and lemon juice) to feed a houseful.Everyone raved about it. good old favourites!

seniorbones, Nov 30, 2:18am
Same here, sausage meat is just mince minced more if you put mince in a food processor and process longer you will end up with sausage meat.

sossie1, Nov 30, 2:20am
I put sausage meat and mince in mine, and lentils ( along with all the other stuff