Trifle without alcohol for Xmas

chonnni, Nov 21, 7:50am
Anyone got any good recipes for a trifle without alcohol!
Possibly with jelly or ginger ale etc

Thank you

cookessentials, Nov 21, 7:56am
You can pretty much use any trifle recipe and not use alcohol.just moisten the sponge with a little fruit juice. You could use either a peach or apricot nectar which is a little thicker.

leebee35, Nov 21, 7:57am
Sorry you can not have it without alcohol.mmmm thats the best bit!

bigsneak, Nov 21, 8:00am
annabel laingbeins cherry chocolate tirimisu is the best thing on the whole damn planet sort of like a trifle do you want me to give you the recipe has no alcohol in it and so easy everyone i have made it for loves it

falcon-hell, Nov 21, 8:14am
x1
i don't like alcohol in trifle either,so i make it with fizzy raspberry,just the budget drink is great,my mother makes it that way and its real good,you can also do it with lemonade.

falcon-hell, Nov 21, 8:14am
yes please! i'll take it,lol.

purplegoanna, Nov 21, 8:25am
i neva put alcohol in my trifle, the night before i make it i set fresh strawberries (after they been soaked in sugar) into strawberry jellly in a tin so its about a inch thick, then when i make it i do layers of diced jelly, diced sponge, cream & custard.

cgvl, Nov 21, 9:10am
instead of the alcohol use: fruit juice mixed with ginger ale. Its very nice.
My trifle is layers of sponge and canned peaches (drain them first and keep juice). Then I mix the juice from the peaches with ginger ale to make about a cup (can add alcohol as well) pour over sponge mix and leave to soak, then cover with a layer of custard and once that has cooled and set whipped cream and decorate.

juliewn, Nov 21, 11:47am
The trifle I make is similar to yours Cgvl. though I spread my raspberry or strawberry jam over the sponge before cutting it up, and placing peach slices among the sponge in the bowl before pouring the juice over before adding custard - lifting the pieces of sponge and fruit to have the custard go through them.

I hadn't thought about adding gingerale to the peach juice. will do that when making a trifle next - thanks for posting about it. :-)

camper18, Nov 22, 2:15am
And I never use custard powdercustard to pour over but an egg custard called "ICE CREAM PUDDING" from the older Edmonds books. It's so much nicer than ordinary custard.

sossie1, Nov 22, 2:17am
trifle is the bestest ever pudding

Next to Eton Mess.

chonnni, Nov 22, 9:19am
Thank you heaps and I agree I like it with alcohol but this is for kids for Xmas so better leave that part out

pheebs1, Nov 22, 9:28am
my friend does a fabulous cheats trifle
sponge cream custard and canned boysenberries
its really good
the boysenberries soak into the sponge and make it tangy
ooh i put a crumbled flake on the top of the cream
oh now i am hungry!

cgvl, Nov 22, 7:48pm
chonni that was the best part of having trifle as a kid, the alcohol in it. Had a brother that went back for thirds before mother and aunt realised why he was enjoying it so much. All the alcohol had congregated in the centre at bottom, needless to say aunt never dished trifle to us again lol.

eljayv, Nov 22, 8:40pm
And the custard we use is mixture of half custard and half whipped cream.

pheebs1, Nov 23, 10:38pm
my uncle always made 2 one for the kids and one for the adults
alcohol in desserts
blecch!