Muffins in paper cups

jhan, Nov 19, 12:29am
Why does so much of the mixture stick to the paper! Anyway of preventing this!

rj5, Nov 19, 12:30am
I have never tried doing it, but alot of people say spray the inside of the paper cups with cooking spray

jhan, Nov 19, 12:36am
Thanks rj5, the cook says eating them hot out of the oven makes it worse, better to let them cool.

susan21, Nov 19, 12:39am
I was having the same problem!
However I just made some muffins this morning, and instead of using paper cups, I buttered the muffin tins then dusted in flour.
All the muffins came out easily, so I have finally solved my problem.

elliehen, Nov 19, 1:31am
Some people suggest making a 'cone' of baking paper, basically a circle with slits cut in the sides leaving an area in the centre the size of the muffin base.

sarahb5, Nov 19, 2:39am
Are you buying the pretty cases that aren't made out of greaseproof or baking paper!I buy Mrs Rogers muffin cups from Countdown, made with greaseproof paper, in multi colours and they never stick - likewise the plain white ones from Multix

happs1, Nov 19, 3:05am
I found if they were cool they didn't stick to the paper. Straight out of the oven half the muffin stayed in the paper.

hohee, Nov 19, 6:15am
I have just sat down to ask for advice regarding this as I had guests yesterday and the muffins were nice but all stuck to the paper cases. So thank you all.

southerngurl, Nov 19, 7:06am
i always thought half the fun was biting the excess off the papers :(

elliehen, Nov 19, 7:13am
.and chewing the flavour out of the paper :)