Low Carb Desserts

Page 3 / 3
elliehen, Nov 20, 9:38pm
Maybe cvgl needs to come back and describe just how well-received her sugarless mini-pavs were.

buzzy110, Nov 20, 9:40pm
And I too, in another thread that elli has read btw, have also stated that it is horrible and have found that it is exactly as you described - flat and chewy and tasteless, unless you like the egg flavour. Add whipped cream to that and it is disgusting. Only a person with no palate could find it acceptable as a dessert. It would taste OK as a fluffly omelette with the yolk cooked in a well in the middle of the beaten egg white but not as a dessert.

elliehen, Nov 20, 10:20pm
cgvl, you've just been told you have no palate and have served your friend something 'disgusting'.Over to you.

ferita, Nov 21, 2:34am
Taking methamphetamine by default, allows a person to be fully sated, never hungry and still lose weight.

Just because you lose weight doesnt make it healthy

buzzy110, Nov 21, 2:43am
Whatever.

vmax2, Nov 21, 3:41am
buzzy I don't think others will truly understand until they have tried it themselves.Our ways of doing things go against what most people are taught by doctors, dietiticians etc.But it works, it feels good and its right, for us.Everyone else can go and be sheep.

buzzy110, Nov 21, 4:19am
ferita is vego and thinks we are all wicked hence the nasty tone of his posts. He cuts out a whole food group and still sits in judgement of a lifestyle that has proven, over and over, to be extremely healthy. It is of no concern to us really because we understand the health benefits of our way of eating.

knowsley is another piece of work, more prone to name calling than offering any advice other than, "eat fewer calories" and wrongly believes that a low carb, higher fat diet will make you eat more calories than a diabetes inducing high carb, low calorie diet.

"The eat more fat, eat less" mantra hasn't sunk into his tiny mind, and never will, hence his total immersion in the "calories in, calories out" philosophy while failing to grasp that low carb, high fat can easily meet both paradigms with room to spare.

knowsley, Nov 21, 7:46am
Funnily enough, there are a lot of people that still have hunger pangs on low carb - it doesn't blunt everyone hunger. As well, people can and do still gain weight on low carb, even Atkins. Fat can be stored without insulin, so carbs aren't needed for fat storage.

And yes, while they may not have to count calories, low carbers are losing weight by the fact that they often take in less calories than used. Once again, calories are king.

knowsley, Nov 21, 7:47am
I think she also meant Uli too.

knowsley, Nov 21, 7:48am
Scientific debate at its best.

Great work as usual Buzzy.

knowsley, Nov 21, 7:53am
Can you show me where I have said that "a low carb, higher fat diet will make you eat more calories than a diabetes inducing high carb, low calorie diet"! You can't, because you made it up.

What you also fail to grasp is that people can be on a reduced calorie diet and not be hungry. You also fail to grasp that reduced calorie doesn't mean high carb, even though they both start with the same letter (I think that is what threw you).

amiri1, Nov 21, 7:58am
If you like cheesecakes:

A block of cream cheese,
cream,
70% chocolate (higher % don't seem to melt that well for me)
melted together and put on top of a baked ground almond base consisting of ground almonds and butter,
baked at 180 until just going golden (be careful because once it starts to brown it goes brown fast).

I'm sorry but I don't really measure the amounts, it's a by feel thing.

If you don't mind essences caramel cheesecake is nice.
Block of cream cheese (room temp)
whipped cream
3 Tbsp brown sugar (mixed with a little cream to dissolve the sugar)
caramel essence to taste
You can add a little more sugar or xylitol or other sweetner if this isn't sweet enough but just be aware of any extra carbs
Fold together
Pourinto a baked ground almond base and let set as long as you can (4 hours is ok but overnight is better).

Make a thin caramel sauce using 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1/4 tsp butter and some cream to dribble over the top when serving.

When I make these they serve a few people, I think about 10 so it works out around 7-8gms per serve (just a loose count sorry, could be more or less but it gives you an idea)

Or an idea of timturtles: block of cream cheese mixed with a WW jelly (made with half the water it recommends) and poured over unsweetened coconut threads or unsweetened dessicated coconut.

or

Stewed rhubarb with a custard made from reducing cream, adding an egg yolk or two, sweetner of your choice and vanilla essence to taste. Depending on the sweetner low carb and nice with the sweet/tart combination. (I only have about a teaspoon of sweetner if it's just me eating the custard). Good luck with your search. :)

ferita, Nov 21, 7:58am
It feels good because you are rushing your brain with BHB. One of these ketone bodies, beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB), is an isomer of the notorious drug of abuse and date rape drug, GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate) or liquid ecstasy.

cgvl, Nov 21, 9:33pm
Very well recieved at the time and yes it was an experiment. I didn't try it but the uncle was very happy and ate 2 of them . IDD not sure if type 1 or 2.
I haven't made them since and at present don't have a electric beater to do so . it blew up.
If I remember rightly they were crisp on outside and no I can't ask uncle he has since passed.

elliehen, Nov 21, 9:45pm
Thank you cgvl.You have provided so many useful recipes for people with Diabetes, who usually like to fit right in and not feel left out at celebration times.

ks1968, Nov 22, 6:26am
Thanks they sound devine!

ferita, Nov 22, 9:04am
Why is it that people who do juice fasting loose way more weight even though they have only carbohydrates then people on low carb diets!

Answer: they consume less calories

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

garfeild101, Nov 28, 11:21pm
hi as per the cheesecake recipes above. i love cheesecake, with the cheesecake mixture i take it all of them are just mix and pour over base and set in fridge ie no baking!

terraalba, Nov 28, 11:56pm
I'd like a recipe for a crust or topping using almond meal that is low carb. Does anyone have one! I've tried a few experiemental ones but hope someone else has come up with one that is superior.

helen.58, Nov 28, 11:59pm
CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM(Serves 8)
600 mls cream, 2 tblsp cocoa, 8 egg yolks, 2 1/2 tblsps honey, vanilla bean

Pour cream into a large mixing bowl, add cocoa and whip until just before it starts to form peaks. Add yolks one at a time, continue whipping until fluffy. Add seeds from vanilla bean and honey while whipping. Place into a air tight container and freeze.

uli, Jan 15, 10:22pm
I have developed a new breakfast food or dessert:

Greek yoghurt mixed into whipped cream then layered with a berry paste - berries which were cooked with a bit of gelatine.

Now I have changed from berries (the last ones get eaten fresh) to plums, cooked with a cinnamon stick, pushed through a colander and then thickened with gelatine.

elliehen, Nov 17, 10:38am
This link might be useful:

http://www.lowcarbnz.co.nz/Recipes/

elliehen, Nov 19, 10:36pm
And, not to overlook anyone, this is for the triple and quadruple headbangers so that they can do it safely next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=dnUhvjuaZqc

ferita, Nov 22, 9:04am
Why is it that people who do juice fasting loose way more weight even though they have only carbohydrates then people on low carb diets!

Answer: they consume less calories

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/