Tim Tam truffles

bubbles22222, Nov 8, 12:47am
I made these last xmas and now have been asked to make approx 40 of them.Can someone please confirm with me as i never wrote down my receipe but 2 packets of tim tams to half tub of cream cheese / 4 pkts to one tub of cream cheese.!
From those that have made truffles recently how many packets/cream cheese would i need to make approx 40 truffles!I need these for saturday night so would presume a day ahead and keep in fridge would be best!

sconz1, Nov 8, 1:10am
That is the correct ratio. I/2 a tim tam per truffle should be right. They are very rich!

bubbles22222, Nov 8, 1:22am
thanks you, yes rich but yummy! lol
I am part of a fundraiser for catering for 90 people so thats why i need about 40 of them.

roundtop, Nov 8, 6:14am
i make these all the time and i use 1 tub to two packets

gardie, Nov 8, 5:33pm
I got my philadephia cream cheese blocks yesterday for Christmas.The were $2.99 at New World and I haven't seen them cheaper.I made these truffles last year - our favourite was mint slice ones - and froze them, coating out of the freezer.I found they sweated and didn't look so good.What does everyone else do!

roundtop, Nov 9, 6:46am
I coat mine with coconut

rasin11, Nov 9, 10:10am
I use 2 pkts Tim Tams and add 3 or 4 mint sliceto give just a hint of mint - usually roll in coconut but look good some rolled in chopped nuts, some cocoa, some coconut, some dipped in chocolate.

shop-a-holic, Nov 9, 10:12am
Do I have to add Tim Tams to Cream Cheese! or Can I add it to ganache!

gardie, Nov 9, 5:21pm
I'm sure ganache would be fine shopaholic.They would be very sweet.I find that the cream cheese adds a richness without the sweetness.

shop-a-holic, Nov 10, 12:47am
Thanks, so much. Off shopping!