Coconut Cake.

jaybee6, Nov 4, 8:19am
125g 4oz Butter2 Eggs1 Teaspoon B Pwd. 1/4 Teaspoon Salt1 Cup Coconut. 1 Cup Sugar.1 Rounded cup Flour,.1/2 Cup Milk. 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Essence.
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and beat well. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk and dlastly coconut and essence.Bake 1 hour in moderate oven.
Lovely moist cake.I ice with a lemon icing.Has been a favourite for years.I also add coco powder to make it a choc cake and this is lovely too.

gardie, Nov 4, 5:30pm
Sounds delish.I love almond essence - never thought to add it to coconut though.I usually pop in some vanilla essence or if I want intense coconut flavour, add in some coconut essence as well.I just may have to give this a go.Thanks for posting.

uli, Nov 3, 10:09pm
bump - just made it for my wwoofers :)

vampiriousmist, Nov 3, 11:26pm
I shall be making this today - I love coconut ! :P

whiskey13, Nov 4, 7:03am
Quick Mix Coconut Cake
Sift 1 cup each of self raising flour and dessicated coconut into a bowl. Stir through 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind (I use orange) and ½ cup castor sugar. Add ¾ cup milk. Mix to combine and pour into a greased and linedloaf tin. Bake at 180*C for 35-40mins or until firm. When cool, drizzle with pink glace icing, and dust with coconut to serve.

jaybee6, Nov 5, 3:01am
Well I see this has surfaced again 12mths later.I have just pulled one out the oven. O so yum. Lasts and stays moist for ages.Thought more would have tried it.I make it sometimes into little cup cakes as well. Its a winner.