An easy coconut ice recipe wanted

twisted12, Oct 25, 11:16pm
Just tried to make coconut ice (edmonds) and it was an overwhelming disaster!The result is dry and crumbly - completely unusable.Anyone got a recipe that is no fail!??

dollmakernz, Oct 26, 12:12am
This is the one I make, its so easy and never fails
Uncooked Coconut Ice
½ can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups coconut
2 cups icing sugar
1tsp vanilla
¼tsp raspberry essence
4-6 drops red food colouring

Warm can of condensed milk if cold.Measure into a fairly large bowl (or food processor bowl). Add coconut, icing sugar and vanilla. Mix with rubber scraper or metal cutting blade until combined.Remove half the mixture and press out 1cm thick on extra coconut on board. To the remaining mixture add raspberry essence if desired and enough food colouring to make a medium pink. Press over the white layer. Chill until form, 15-20minures then cut into squares.

pam.delilah, Oct 26, 12:21am
Microwave Coconut Ice

Ingredients

4 Cups Icing Sugar
100g Butter
1/4 Cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 1/2 Cups Shreaded Coconut
2 Drops Red Food Colouring
Method

Place icing sugar, butter & milk into a two litre glass or microwave safe jug. Microwave on high power for 3-4 minutes, until mixture has melted.
Add vanilla essence & coconut, beat until thick. Divide mixture in half. Add food colouring to one half, stiring into the mixture. Press into a well greased loaf tin. Allow to cool slightly, then press in the other half. Store in fridge until coconut ice sets hard.

twisted12, Oct 26, 3:28am
oh awesome they sound so much easier than the edmonds one, which had me boiling then testing the mixture in cold water.
ok, I'll try it again with one of the recipe's above - it's just annoying me that I could muck up something that you would think would be easy!

tw1nkle, Oct 26, 8:20pm
This one works like a charm, and ssoooo easy :)

aj, Nov 19, 11:57am
Had the same problem with the Edmonds one. Next time I will try one of the others. Most of it is to crumbly to use as gifts. Not sure what I'm going to do with all the crumbs!!!