What's for dinner tonight!

angelica_bunny, Nov 1, 2:40am
I need inspiration.the pie I took out hasn't defrosted yet d'oh

horse88, Nov 1, 3:17am
Homemade:sweet and sour pork, with stir fried rice.

supercook, Nov 1, 3:20am
Beef casserole was going to make some pastry baskets to serve it in.

angelica_bunny, Nov 1, 3:39am
Yum.they both sound delicous!I am completely useless.have no fresh meat other than bacon and some horribly strong chorizo my hubby bought.Was going to make macaroni.but don't have macaroni haha.Now I'm thinking of maybe a potato curry. I have curry powder and spices. coconut milk.We have ten tonnes of frozen vege just nothing really to go with it hmmm.Oh and I am home sick which is why I haven't been to the shops.

nzl99, Nov 1, 4:14am
NOooooooooooottttttttttthhhhhh-
hinnnnnngggg.!Haven't gone to supermarket and need to conjure something out of nothing.Maybe. takeaways tonight. :P

angelica_bunny, Nov 1, 4:21am
hahahaha I am starting to think dominos is a much easier choice!

ruby19, Nov 1, 4:23am
If you have no rice, perhaps curry on toast, or make curry into a shepherds pie.( if you have enough potatoes to make a mash). Vegetable soup may be another option, and may be easier if not feeling too good.

nzl99, Nov 1, 4:23am
Yeah, I agree!I've been cooking for other people all day. AND there was a close call with a falling refridgerator. I'm a little tense still.I want to be catered for tonight.Hmm.Wonder if the man creature wants to make nachos.Poor man.

ruby19, Nov 1, 4:24am
I have an uncooked chook on the bench. now trying to be imaginative, and do something other than roast veggies, or at least if I do, give them abit of a lift. :-)

nzl99, Nov 1, 4:27am
Lemons or oranges and garlic up the chookens bottom. put in roasting dish, boob side down. half fill roasting dish with OJ. a bit of chick stock, S&P, lots of thyme. roast. when chooken done. there will be a fab tasty just that you can either reduce or thicken a bit., serve with a salad.

angelica_bunny, Nov 1, 5:03am
I have been to the pantry and fridge/freezer at least half a dozen times now and there is nothing good in there at all!It's getting close to being cornflakes or toast!

davidt4, Nov 1, 5:17am
We will be marking World Vegan Day with a dinner of home made bunless beef burger with smoked cheddar, caramelised onions cooked in butter, fried tomatoes and homemade coleslaw with a creamy vinaigrette dressing.

bedazzledjewels, Nov 1, 5:22am
Thanks - that brought a much needed smile to my face.

angelica_bunny, Nov 1, 5:27am
That sounds like just what I want less the tomato!:o)

I have finally made a decision.it's not the healthiest but it's not dominos!Having a cooked breakfast. grilled bacon, sausage, hash browns, eggs and mushrooms.And tomorrow night will be the pie and veges!

davidt4, Nov 1, 5:32am
Sounds pretty healthy to me a-b