"Food for fundraising'

melinda1, Oct 29, 8:16pm
Working with a group of students raising funds for a trip next year. With christmas looming has anybody sold a food product sucessfully for profit.Have a local bakery that we could approach and plenty of students to promote and get orders- just need the right item- are christams themed biscuits worth it!

kob, Oct 29, 9:06pm
why not do xmas cakes, ask around a few people and see if they would like their xmas cake made for them, it doesnt have to have the marzipan icing can just have glazed fruit and is a lovely way of giving the xmas spirit

rainrain1, Oct 29, 11:08pm
Get your band of students cracking and make cheese rolls, they usually sell like hot cakes, frozen of fresh

nik12, Oct 30, 12:06am
We've done cheeserolls. and truffles are popular at christmas time.

kinna54, Oct 30, 1:04am
truffles. Not difficult to make and they really sell well.
Package them prettily, and take pre-orders.
I have even done mini christmas pud truffles which look amazing dipped in white choc at the top, and decorated with a tiny holly sprig.

Christmas themed biccies are okay, but they need to be well sealed (heat sealed preferably) as they don't keep long.
A recipe I would recomend for those is the Edmonds shrewsbury or lemon star biccie recipe.

Another goodie is home made xmas mince pies, or mini pavlovas.
Good luck!

chatsmom, Oct 30, 1:12am
Lots of people like croissants for Xmas too

duckmoon, Oct 30, 3:18am
The thing which I found which offers the best cost/ profit ratio is fudge.
E.g.Russian fudge: Costs about $4 per batch, cut into 48 squares, serving six pieces per bag, sell for $3.50

jascas, Oct 30, 7:32am
One of the high schools here does Cheese rolls as its mid year fundraiser and Truffles as an end of year fundraiser

melinda1, Oct 30, 7:35am
Thanks heaps! Hadn't thought of truffles nd I love maling fudge!Might even do mini xmas cakes. You guys are great

rainrain1, Oct 30, 7:41am
Lamingtons sell well for fundraising also

pamellie, Oct 31, 1:32am
You could make a large square xmas cake and then cut into four small ones, wrapped in cellophane with pretty ribbon. I do this and give them as gifts. Also fudge cut into large bars and well wrapped looks good too.

elliehen, Oct 31, 2:02am
A simple no-fail idea is mini-puddings made from Mallowpuffs, with a drizzle of melted white chocolate and a sliver of green and red cherry on top.

beebs, Oct 31, 2:07am
or cook them in texas muffin tins for individual (all be it big) cakes

drofla.aviaries, Oct 31, 5:09am
We've done gingerbread people before and they sell really well.

elliehen, Oct 31, 5:15am
Christmas Tree gingerbread shapes are good too, with a hole poked in the dough with a straw before cooking for hanging on the tree (with piped icing and wrapped).

melinda1, Oct 31, 7:01am
Excelllent ideas, thanks heaps. Will take to next meeting!

kob, Oct 31, 7:00pm
as for the xmas cakes at the $2 shop I found small tstar shaped tin foil containers that the cakes can be cooked in, as I grabbed some for myself there was 24 for $3