HELP - Burnt pot

Page 1 / 2
rrrg, Oct 28, 6:31am
I accidentally burnt the condensed milk on the pot (got unexpected visitors). Have had it soaking in dishwash liquid and then boiled baking soda in it. Its still not moving - any ideas.

jessie981, Oct 28, 6:35am

woopooz, Oct 28, 7:02am
I have burnt many things in my stainless steel pot, I put dirt into them & leave them for a good month - hi presto, easy to clean, if you read this - do hope it works for you.

wheelz, Oct 28, 7:46am
do worms and soil bugs eat the debris!

gussiej, Oct 28, 7:55am
sprinkle with dishwashing powder ( if you have any) and hot water and leave for an hour or so, then scrub.

wheelz, Oct 28, 8:06am
get hubby/partner (any male) to scrub with polly pad !

korbo, Oct 28, 8:08am
last time this happened to me, i made a paste of baking soda and water and put it back on the stove to bubble a bit. gradually the burnt came off

sunshine78, Oct 28, 8:27am
Dish detergent and water. Put on to simmer

melford, Oct 28, 8:31am
Dishwasher powder (Finish) - easy as - just put 3 tbsp in with 1 cup boiling water - wait 1/2 hour and then wash - comes right off

lilyfield, Oct 28, 9:23am
yes-- and it works-- if you can do without that pot for a while.

bunny51, Oct 28, 9:37am
I use vinegar and baking soda. Leave until I can be botered cleaning ht epan Seems to lift the burnt off stuff up.

dilligaf_dah, Oct 28, 10:16am
Boiling rubbarb in the pot with baking soda helps also

hezwez, Oct 28, 10:50am
I bring water to the boil with washing soda in it, leave to cool with the lid on and the following day the burnt area lifts off.

taurushat, Oct 28, 10:51am
I put about 1/4 cup of salt in the burnt pot with approx 1-2 cups water and bring to boil then turn off and leave to soak overnight.

lythande1, Oct 28, 6:23pm
Patience. You haven't left it long enough. Leave it at least 12 hrs.

rrrg, Oct 28, 8:05pm
Done dishwashing powder and also Bsoda. Need pot so cant do soil although very interesting. Might boil up again and leave

bunnyclan, Oct 29, 7:27pm
My Nana used to bury burnt pots too.
Or doesn't boiling up rhubarb take burn off!

rrrg, Oct 30, 6:28am
Still no good have boiled dishwash powder again and left. Will give to Wed otherwise need to buy another pot - an unwanted expense!

francisfrancis, Oct 30, 6:43am
hey fill it up with dishwashing liquid and hot water, leave it to soak overnight.scrub off next morning, repeat process 2 to 3 times and it will be as good as new again. worked really well for my very burnt pot!

vix.tribe, Oct 30, 7:04am
Love the sound of burying the evidence, I might try that next time! lol

I've found laundry detergent works really well too, just chuck some in with hot water and leave it to soak.

rrrg, Oct 30, 7:03pm
onto the laundry detergent

margyr, Oct 30, 7:11pm
has the condensed milk sort of set like toffee as well! perhaps you need to stir it while boiling some water etc in it.

rrrg, Oct 31, 12:41am
The condensed milk is black and hard and yes I have been stirring while boiling

margyr, Oct 31, 2:01am
you need to make a hole in the condensed milk so everything can start to get underneath it to lift it.

tammiraven, Oct 31, 2:29am
OVEN CLEANER .