Is rump steak OK done in a crock pot, I want to

nowsgood, Jun 17, 7:53pm
add it to the blade steak I've got for a stew?

lynja, Jun 17, 7:57pm
yes, it is what i use all the time. it will be beautifully tender

fee1965, Jun 17, 8:12pm
it's best to use the cheap cuts of meat for slow cooking, because they come from the part of the beast that does a lot of work they have lots of taste and lots of connective tissue - this tissue becomes very soft and gelatinous when cooked slow.

momma1, Jun 17, 10:08pm
well i used rump steak last week ofr a curry done in my crockpot and it came out lovely. my reason for using rump steak was that it was on special and $2 a kg cheaper than the "cheap" cuts $10.99 vs $12.99 for gravy beef!! the world has gone crazy!!!!!!!!!!

iman007, Jun 17, 11:22pm
rumps fine, put a bit of red wine in as well,along with stock cubes and i always put good teaspoon vegemite and worcester sauce, mine always good

tehenga288, Jun 18, 9:11am
If I use rump I don't cook it quite so long as I think it dries out if cooked for the usual 7or 8hrs

uli, Jun 18, 9:24am
Why boil rump steak in a crockpot when you can fast fry it in 5 minutes in a hot fry pan - and it tastes so much nicer?

nowsgood, Jun 18, 7:53pm
add it to the blade steak I've got for a stew!

fee1965, Jun 18, 8:12pm
it's best to use the cheap cuts of meat for slow cooking, because they come from the part of the beast that does a lot of work they have lots of taste and lots of connective tissue - this tissue becomes very soft and gelatinous when cooked slow.

popeye333, Jun 18, 9:37pm
Made a casserole in the crockpot yesterday from rump steak. Hubby said it was beautifull

momma1, Jun 18, 10:08pm
well i used rump steak last week ofr a curry done in my crockpot and it came out lovely. my reason for using rump steak was that it was on special and $2 a kg cheaper than the "cheap" cuts $10.99 vs $12.99 for gravy beef! the world has gone crazy!

beaker59, Jun 19, 3:52am
I don't dissagree but have to say with rump currently cheaper than chuck steak by a couple of dollars a kg it actually makes sence to casserole as well for variety I am using it for steak and kidney as well.

uli, Jun 19, 6:57am
Ah beaker - I never tire of a rare steak - I can eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner with a nice salad to go with it and/or tomatoes and mushrooms - heaven :) No need for any variety here LOL :)

nowsgood, Jun 19, 8:07am
The rump steak was beautiful, I'll be buying it from now on. Thanks for the help.

pussy01, Jun 19, 8:55am
pac n save .....nz rump $18.95kgaussie rump$9.95kgwtf is goin on here?
the aussie was alot better looking to...nice bit of fat around the outside

tehenga288, Jun 19, 9:11am
If I use rump I don't cook it quite so long as I think it dries out if cooked for the usual 7or 8hrs

beaker59, Jun 20, 2:34am
Which PnS was that, ours has the Kiwi rump for $8.95 or did last week anyway?

beaker59, Jun 20, 3:52am
I don't dissagree but have to say with rump currently cheaper than chuck steak by a couple of dollars a kg it actually makes sence to casserole as well for variety I am using it for steak and kidney as well.

nowsgood, Jun 20, 8:07am
The rump steak was beautiful, I'll be buying it from now on. Thanks for the help.

pussy01, Jun 20, 8:55am
pac n save .nz rump $18.95kgaussie rump$9.95kgwtf is goin on here!
the aussie was alot better looking to.nice bit of fat around the outside

beaker59, Jun 20, 2:16pm
MMMMMMMMM just had rump steak and kidney casserole out of the crockpot after finishing my late night shift I see the family had thiers earlier on at a more reasonable hour but are now all fast asleep.

uli, Jun 20, 10:08pm
Sounds like a nice midnight meal beaker59!

beaker59, Jun 21, 2:34am
Which PnS was that, ours has the Kiwi rump for $8.95 or did last week anyway!