Hints and tips on the crock pot hangi

t.gypsy, May 28, 9:38pm
Yes its me again and just have the pot on. Now here's what was done

Bacon pieces finely chopped and some herbs on the bottom(to create smokiness)
Cabbage leaf
Smallish cut veges
Cabbage leaves/some shreaded so we can have some with the rest of it
Meat neck chop/chicken/pork chops, no stuffing
Cabbage leaf to cover the lot

had trouble putting the lid down so I said that on seeing a thread somewhere someone used a damp tea towel over the lid.

Its now on high until 1-2pm then we will turn it down low.

Is there anything we have done wrong lol our first time and that is.

2bakerz, May 28, 10:46pm
Do post and tell us how it turned out!I've done similar in the oven, lined oven dish with foil, then cabbage leaves, added pork strips, lamb chops, chicken drums and veges (pumpkin kumera potato)Sprinkled over some smoked flavoured seasoning and covered the lot with cabbage leaves.Took 3½ hours at 180deg.It would be handy to do the exercise in my crock pot so do let's know how yours turned out!

t.gypsy, May 28, 10:52pm
lol i will do. I posted also on general and there has been a few confirm that i have done the right thing.

winnie231, May 28, 11:17pm
Reading what you've done compared to what's written in the crockpot hangi thread - I'd say you're on the right track! Hope it works out for you.

t.gypsy, May 28, 11:49pm
yes winnie same here. I've basically gone and taken some of the hints and tips from that particular thread and also off a website and combined it into making my own instructions so yeah so far so good. You can kinda smell it now and its been on on high since about 9amish.

t.gypsy, May 29, 1:34am
just to confirm its good and doing its thing. Only problem my tummy is grumbling and my mouth is watering...

t.gypsy, May 29, 9:38pm
Yes its me again and just have the pot on. Now here's what was done

Bacon pieces finely chopped and some herbs on the bottom(to create smokiness)
Cabbage leaf
Smallish cut veges
Cabbage leaves/some shreaded so we can have some with the rest of it
Meat neck chop/chicken/pork chops, no stuffing
Cabbage leaf to cover the lot

had trouble putting the lid down so I said that on seeing a thread somewhere someone used a damp tea towel over the lid.

Its now on high until 1-2pm then we will turn it down low.

Is there anything we have done wrong lol our first time and that is.

2bakerz, May 29, 10:46pm
Do post and tell us how it turned out!I've done similar in the oven, lined oven dish with foil, then cabbage leaves, added pork strips, lamb chops, chicken drums and veges (pumpkin kumera potato)Sprinkled over some smoked flavoured seasoning and covered the lot with cabbage leaves.Took 3½ hours at 180deg.It would be handy to do the exercise in my crock pot so do let's know how yours turned out!

winnie231, May 29, 11:17pm
Reading what you've done compared to what's written in the crockpot hangi thread - I'd say you're on the right track! Hope it works out for you.

t.gypsy, May 29, 11:49pm
yes winnie same here. I've basically gone and taken some of the hints and tips from that particular thread and also off a website and combined it into making my own instructions so yeah so far so good. You can kinda smell it now and its been on on high since about 9amish.

t.gypsy, May 30, 1:34am
just to confirm its good and doing its thing. Only problem my tummy is grumbling and my mouth is watering. and i've got to wait until 6pmish to eat it.