Biscuits using a lime jelly

Page 2 / 2
rainrain1, Oct 26, 6:22pm
I would try the lime jelly crystals with a chocolate chip biscuit recipe, omitting the choc chips,Or you could leave them in as well.Weigh the sugar and make up to the right amount with the crystals.
Apparently licorice allsorts are good cut up and put into a biscuit as they keep their shape.

bev00, Nov 1, 11:18am
yummy jelly ideas to try .

cookiebarrel, Nov 1, 1:29pm
Jelly meringues, recipe got off her ages ago are lovely too!

cookiebarrel, Nov 1, 1:29pm
Jelly meringues, recipe got off here ages ago are lovely too!

korbo, Nov 1, 5:38pm
cookiebarrel, could I have the recipe for meringues.!

dibble35, Nov 1, 6:36pm
I'm interested in making this cake. when you add the boiled milk and butter to the rest of the mix, is it hot, luke warm, cold! Always wary about adding hot mixs to eggs, Thanks.

kiwitrish, Nov 1, 7:36pm
This is my recipe and you add the milk/butter hot.

dibble35, Nov 1, 9:10pm
Thanks,might go buy the jelly and make it today, sounds good

supercook, Nov 1, 9:41pm
It's a great cake makes good cupcakes as well !

gilligee, Nov 1, 10:34pm
You could make them for St Patrick's Day.

cookiebarrel, Nov 2, 2:49am
Korbo have just been scrolling through my e-mails of TM recipes started in August 2009!to find the jelly meringue recipe so I could copy/paste it rather than type it out, but gave up as it was going to take me longer than togo get my book with it in and type that out, especially as I kind of got distracted reading all the lovely recipes again.Now I am hungry :-(Off to get my recipe folder so I can get it to you.

cookiebarrel, Nov 2, 3:15am
JELLY CRYSTAL MERINGUES posted by kimkat1

3 Egg whites.3/4 cup castor sugar.1 pkt any flavour jelly crystals. In a bowl with a mixer beat egg whites till soft peaks form,
gradually add sugar a teaspoon at a time then do the same with the jelly crystals , the mixture should be thick and shiny.Put blobs onto a tray
and bake in oven at 120'C for about 40mins and cool on a wire rack.

Please make sure your jelly crystals are dry not lumpy.

timbooo also asked. Could you also use the recipe to make a flavoured pav!Would it work ok like that!If making a pav, how long would you cook it for!

kimkat1 replied.I cook it for 1hour in oven at 125'C.and then turn oven off and leave door ajar to cool.

also she said.I also add for the kids a drop of corresponding food colouring just so the raspberry or whatever flavour have a nice colour to them.

We really love these and do sometimes add the touch of food colouring as the colours can be very,very pale if just using the jelly.Quite nice that way, but kiddies do enjoy a bit more colour to them!

vinee, Nov 2, 4:12am
This reminded me of those dreadful instant pudding biscuits.
The jelly slice sounds yum, have cut and pasted, thanks.

jenniferanne, Nov 2, 5:08am
If it was the one from New world earlier in the year I made them gave to a family with 6 kids, not one kid liked them. Never made again

dibble35, Nov 2, 5:32am
Well i made the Madeira cake with the lemon jelly crystals in it, was lovely. Got a bit worried when i poured the hot milk and buter in as mix went super sloppy, thought i'd ruined it, but then it all came together nicely after a bit of stirring and everyone likes the final product.

cookiebarrel, Nov 2, 10:29am
Bump for Korbo.