Pizza Dough

bubbles46, Oct 9, 6:53pm
Hi all, I want to make this pizza dough for dinner tonight http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Super-Easy-Pizza-Dough-L723.html My dry yeast is in a jar not a sachet, so is anyone able to tell me approx how much to put in! Many Thanks

skippie1, Oct 9, 7:06pm
Hi just did a check, 4.4 grams per teaspoon. enjoy your pizza, looks like a big recipe.

skippie1, Oct 9, 7:12pm
Htesy of all-recipes.Copied and pasted from Trade Me.
2¼ teaspoons instant dried yeast
½ teaspoon dark brown soft sugar
375ml (1½ cups) warm water (45 C)
1 teaspoon salt
1½ tablespoons olive oil
500g (4 cups) plain flour

Preparation method
Prep: 30 mins |Cook: 20 mins

In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the warm water, and let sit for 10 minutes.

Stir the salt and oil into the yeast mixture. Mix in half of the flour.

Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a damp cloth.

Let the dough rise until double, this should take about 1 hour.

Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out. Use for your favourite pizza recipe.

Preheat oven to 220 C. If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a tray, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.

Bake pizza in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until the cheese and crust are golden brown

cookessentials (1181 )3:17 pm, Thu 22 Sep #3